Tier 1 Boots Aren't as Viable to Start With Anymore, What's Your New Starting Item?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowed Ruby

12-05-2012

I've been buying Amplifying Tome / 1 pot on my Mids, not sure how viable it would be in later queues, but the extra pushing on spells usually gives me a gold and xp advantage early on.

HalcyonicHS

12-05-2012

Jungle: Machete + 5 pots. What else do you expect? Riot's forcing us to use that damn thing.
Support: Flask+3 wards+1Health Pot+1Mana Pot

Soraka Goes Mid

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonicHS View Post
Jungle: Machete + 5 pots. What else do you expect? Riot's forcing us to use that damn thing.
Support: Flask+3 wards+1Health Pot+1Mana Pot
I don't know why everyone's complaining about the Machete. It's way more useful than Madred's ever was, because it upgrades into a variety of tier 3 items that give really good stat bonuses and can be used on any champion. Madreds only worked on a select few junglers.

PlayaPan

12-05-2012

vampiric scepter
dorans blade
sightwards & potions

depends on champ I play

Joe Krake

12-05-2012

I still do boots and pots on my adc. No reason that should change all that much.

HalcyonicHS

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroXc View Post
I don't know why everyone's complaining about the Machete. It's way more useful than Madred's ever was, because it upgrades into a variety of tier 3 items that give really good stat bonuses and can be used on any champion. Madreds only worked on a select few junglers.
Because Machete builds into both Madred's and the Spirit Stones. Because for all the diversity they're talking about, it's nigh impossible to clear at a competetive ratae without the machete.

Joe Krake

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonicHS View Post
Because Machete builds into both Madred's and the Spirit Stones. Because for all the diversity they're talking about, it's nigh impossible to clear at a competetive ratae without the machete.

That's on purpose. One of the big things they talked about was taking a lot of early pressure off in the early game. You now have a longer laning phase and the junglers have a lot less pressure to deal with since they're not expected to make level 2 ganks without a compromise. It also allows more characters to jungle.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

I have and probably always will go Doran's blade on my ADC.

Though I run Lifesteal Quints. That coupled with Doran's blade generally gives me superior lane sustain compared to the other ADC. It also helps my support sustain if they have a shield/heal to support with.

yoyowat

12-05-2012

with taric, still the good alwasy charm and wards start.

with ryze, if I see I'm facing a skillshot based champion, I'll go boots and pots. If not I finally feel comfortable starting with a mana crystal.

Cheap0

12-05-2012

I do think Doran's starts are more viable now. I've been thinking about things like longsword + 2 for ADC's or certain top lane champs (Riven), or Brawler's Gloves + 2 if you want to rush toward Avarice Blade.. Mana crystal + 2 seems really good on a lot of mids who like building toward Catalyst or Tear, though boots help dodge skillshots a bit better.