Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tier 1 Boots Aren't as Viable to Start With Anymore, What's Your New Starting Item?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowed Ruby

12-05-2012

I've been buying Amplifying Tome / 1 pot on my Mids, not sure how viable it would be in later queues, but the extra pushing on spells usually gives me a gold and xp advantage early on.

HalcyonicHS

12-05-2012

Jungle: Machete + 5 pots. What else do you expect? Riot's forcing us to use that damn thing.
Support: Flask+3 wards+1Health Pot+1Mana Pot

Soraka Goes Mid

12-05-2012

Quote:
HalcyonicHS:
Jungle: Machete + 5 pots. What else do you expect? Riot's forcing us to use that damn thing.
Support: Flask+3 wards+1Health Pot+1Mana Pot

I don't know why everyone's complaining about the Machete. It's way more useful than Madred's ever was, because it upgrades into a variety of tier 3 items that give really good stat bonuses and can be used on any champion. Madreds only worked on a select few junglers.

PlayaPan

12-05-2012

vampiric scepter
dorans blade
sightwards & potions

depends on champ I play

Joe Krake

12-05-2012

I still do boots and pots on my adc. No reason that should change all that much.

HalcyonicHS

12-05-2012

Quote:
NeuroXc:
I don't know why everyone's complaining about the Machete. It's way more useful than Madred's ever was, because it upgrades into a variety of tier 3 items that give really good stat bonuses and can be used on any champion. Madreds only worked on a select few junglers.

Because Machete builds into both Madred's and the Spirit Stones. Because for all the diversity they're talking about, it's nigh impossible to clear at a competetive ratae without the machete.

Joe Krake

12-05-2012

Quote:
HalcyonicHS:
Because Machete builds into both Madred's and the Spirit Stones. Because for all the diversity they're talking about, it's nigh impossible to clear at a competetive ratae without the machete.

That's on purpose. One of the big things they talked about was taking a lot of early pressure off in the early game. You now have a longer laning phase and the junglers have a lot less pressure to deal with since they're not expected to make level 2 ganks without a compromise. It also allows more characters to jungle.

Sephïroth

12-05-2012

I have and probably always will go Doran's blade on my ADC.

Though I run Lifesteal Quints. That coupled with Doran's blade generally gives me superior lane sustain compared to the other ADC. It also helps my support sustain if they have a shield/heal to support with.

yoyowat

12-05-2012

with taric, still the good alwasy charm and wards start.

with ryze, if I see I'm facing a skillshot based champion, I'll go boots and pots. If not I finally feel comfortable starting with a mana crystal.

Cheap0

12-05-2012

I do think Doran's starts are more viable now. I've been thinking about things like longsword + 2 for ADC's or certain top lane champs (Riven), or Brawler's Gloves + 2 if you want to rush toward Avarice Blade.. Mana crystal + 2 seems really good on a lot of mids who like building toward Catalyst or Tear, though boots help dodge skillshots a bit better.