Tier 1 Boots Aren't as Viable to Start With Anymore, What's Your New Starting Item?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exprima

12-04-2012

Just curious what everyone's been starting with since boots aren't quite as useful to start with anymore as they were in Season 2. In case you didn't know, it now only offers 25 bonus MS (everyone's base MS went up by 25 to make up for this).

So what have you guys been starting with. Ik most junglers are probably going with the Hunter's Machete, but what about you laners?

So far since the patch I've only played jungle and ADC. I start Machete + 5 Pots on my jungler and Long Sword + 2 Pots for my ADC.

Kramsys

12-04-2012

idk jungle i see needin machete since its that useful for junglers and it builds into a variety of good items. ive only top laned otherwise and went dorans on lee and rocked a zed

ChiSqrd

12-04-2012

I don't like starting Hunter's Machete since I don't build Wriggles on most of my junglers except for Lee Sin. And even on Lee Sin, I prefer to start boots 3 and level 2 gank.

GanjaSingh

12-04-2012

I still go boots xD

Aeshura

12-04-2012

that machete builds into new items that aren't wriggles, I also go sword + pots, I get to vamp scepter early,

Lionite

Master Recruiter

12-04-2012

On junglers such as Olaf I start machete +5 pots. With junglers like Skarner and Maokai I still go boots 3 health pots. Haven't really played around with the new items yet so my starting items are subject to change.

Anna Sachae

12-04-2012

Machete/5 pots is the new cloth/5 pots for junglers. It's a brilliant start that you really can't go wrong with.

I've been experimenting with the Machete/Flask start by going heavy into support on junglers. It's definitely a weak beginning, but after a while it evens out, and you save a noticable amount of precious jungle gold over having to buy health pots constantly.

Lanes, still going boots/3. :P

iSzathi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Sup: Refreshable pot thing - Philo part and somewards
Jungle: Machete + 5pot
Top: Armor+5pot, boots+3pots
Mid:boots+3pots
Adc:boots+3pots

Might try refreshable pot+ward+armor with +starting gold, or just 2 wards, refreshable pot + other pots.

NamelessFish

12-05-2012

Has noone given thought to a refresh pot and a buff potion? Could help give you that bit of an edge to win those early level trades o.o

Soraka Goes Mid

12-05-2012

Depends on the champ. On ADC and most mids I'll typically start boots + 3 pots. With Ryze I'll start Sapphire Crystal + 2 pots. Jungle I'll start machete + 5 pots. And so on. Boots aren't as necessary but they're still helpful, they build into tier 2 boots which are still great for the price, and they let you buy 3 pots, unlike doran's items. The only champs where I'll start doran's are ones with built in sustain, like Garen.