Do you like these ideas?

Yes 20 46.51%
No 13 30.23%
I like Most 6 13.95%
I like part. 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on Elo/Ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genxrush

12-07-2012

There really should NOT be any extra ELO for KD. Some of those are the worst players to have on the team when they are complaining or kill stealing from other player that could use the gold more. People tend to forget their are different levels of skill and champion match ups in this game that apply to the beginning lane phase. Some players think they are super awesome with their 4/0 KD ratio but they had very poor opponents in their lane. These same people will complain about another person that goes 0/4 versus a very tough opponent or bad champion match up. Once the complaining starts you now have two people typing instead of playing. Yes, their should be a way to permanently ban from ranked games those that have a history of complaining, disconnecting and trolling. The disconnects need to be handled a little different since sometimes you just have computer problems. There is no excuse for getting in a game then leaving because you knew you had to go somewhere and thought it would be over in 30 minutes and their is never an excuse for RAGE QUITTING. Yes, if ping is high please keep them out of ranked games but changing ELO to honor KD ratio is a terrible idea. Now banning players with bad team play skills from ranked games is not a bad idea.

Prongs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

I personally love this idea.

Something I think people who disagree with it aren't seeing is this: Everything he purposed was on top of the Win/Loss ELO change. So if you win you would receive +Win ELO +/- Performance ELO.

Example Numbers for a Win: +20 (For Win) + 3 Elo (For a Record of like 9/2/10) = +23 ELO change.

Example Numbers for a Loss: -20 (For Lose) + 3 Elo (For a Record of like 0/2/10) = -17

So if you lose, you still lose Elo but are still rewarded for your gameplay. At least that is how I understood it.

ElephantOnFireee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post

Something I think people who disagree with it aren't seeing is this: Everything he purposed was on top of the Win/Loss ELO change. So if you win you would receive +Win ELO +/- Performance ELO.

Example Numbers for a Win: +20 (For Win) + 3 Elo (For a Record of like 9/2/10) = +23 ELO change.

Example Numbers for a Loss: -20 (For Lose) + 3 Elo (For a Record of like 0/2/10) = -17

So if you lose, you still lose Elo but are still rewarded for your gameplay. At least that is how I understood it.
Yes if it was not clear, this was the exact intent.

LogicalTautology

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post

That is still unnecessary. If getting a good KDA results in better chances to win your game than not having good KDA, your elo will go up. If KDA does not correlate to better chances to win, then it should not be a reason in and of itself to get a boost in Elo.

ElephantOnFireee

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
That is still unnecessary. If getting a good KDA results in better chances to win your game than not having good KDA, your elo will go up. If KDA does not correlate to better chances to win, then it should not be a reason in and of itself to get a boost in Elo.
It does correlate to better chances to win, but even 1-2 good players on a team can be trumped by 3 bad ones.

LogicalTautology

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacaroniPenguin View Post
It does correlate to better chances to win, but even 1-2 good players on a team can be trumped by 3 bad ones.
Yes, but your teammates are taken from the same pool as your opponents. Over a large enough sample size, you will not be getting worse teammates than you do opponents. Thus, if you are consistently doing things that improve your team's chance of winning, whether it be with or without a high KDA, your Elo will go up steadily until you reach a level where you are not better than the average player.

Confusizzled

12-07-2012

I think your idea for the awards are pretty good but there are some problems such as support and tank roles that really don't get much kills and scumbags who just ks all game. Some roles also doesn't let you "carry" as hard as other roles for example a katarina behind in kills and cs can still get kills and turn around a game sometimes even by herself when she gets a good fight. But more support oriented champs rarely can ever do that and if their team is losing their score usually reflects that more than the AD, AP, or bruiser. On that note I totally agree about the trolling and just 1 person doing bad. I think in a game where 1 person is feeding most of the kills the losing team shouldn't lose as much ELO. I don't think you should punish that one person though, there are always new players who are new to ranked and they shouldn't get punished because they're getting used to it. If they are obviously trolling there is always the tribunal. What do yo think ?

ElephantOnFireee

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Yes, but your teammates are taken from the same pool as your opponents. Over a large enough sample size, you will not be getting worse teammates than you do opponents. Thus, if you are consistently doing things that improve your team's chance of winning, whether it be with or without a high KDA, your Elo will go up steadily until you reach a level where you are not better than the average player.
In theory this is true, but my method would speed up the process is all.

ElephantOnFireee

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusizzled View Post
I think your idea for the awards are pretty good but there are some problems such as support and tank roles that really don't get much kills and scumbags who just ks all game. Some roles also doesn't let you "carry" as hard as other roles for example a katarina behind in kills and cs can still get kills and turn around a game sometimes even by herself when she gets a good fight. But more support oriented champs rarely can ever do that and if their team is losing their score usually reflects that more than the AD, AP, or bruiser. On that note I totally agree about the trolling and just 1 person doing bad. I think in a game where 1 person is feeding most of the kills the losing team shouldn't lose as much ELO. I don't think you should punish that one person though, there are always new players who are new to ranked and they shouldn't get punished because they're getting used to it. If they are obviously trolling there is always the tribunal. What do yo think ?
First if you're still learning to play the game you shouldn't be doing so in ranked. Second you talk about supports not getting kills ect, well thats why the rewards are there for assists, also sure a support who does well on a bad team wont likely get the full bonus, but the players causing the problem would drop the full amount so in essence you move away from those players faster.

LogicalTautology

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacaroniPenguin View Post
In theory this is true, but my method would speed up the process is all.
Speeding up the process is a fairly irrelevant goal. Elo never claims to be a quick determination. On the other hand, rewarding players who have a good KDA but bad winrate (and vice versa) is something that changes what a player's (perfect) Elo is due to things other than how much he contributes to winning games.