Do you like these ideas?

Yes 20 46.51%
No 13 30.23%
I like Most 6 13.95%
I like part. 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on Elo/Ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiD SeJun

12-05-2012

i agree as a sufferer from the elo hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacaroniPenguin View Post
Ranked/Elo
(Solo/Duo 5s)
First I will explain the common complaints/problems with the current elo system that I hear on a regular basis. Then I will give my thoughts/ideas on possible solutions to the problems.
Problems
· People who troll. Either because they have a disagreement with a teammate during the game or because someone else picked the role they wanted during champion selection.
· People who AFK/Disconnect.
· People who do poorly and cause the team to lose/suffer. *On purpose or otherwise.
Ideas/Solutions
· Award players who do well.
· Punish players who do poorly.
· Punish people for trolling on purpose.

My thought on this is to award players elo for getting kills/assists without tons of deaths.
I have a couple thoughts on this, but like anything this would have to be tested/tweaked to find the right numbers.
First thought, the most simple one, although in my mind probably not the most accurate.
(Kills + Assists – Deaths)*0.25 = Change in elo.
Example (10kills + 4Assists – 7 Deaths)*.25 = 1.75Change in elo Rounded to +2.0 Extra elo.
Example (1Kill + 28Assists – 4 Deaths)*.25 = 6.25 Change in elo Rounded to +6 Extra Elo.
Example (3Kills + 4 Assists – 12 Deaths)*.25 = -1.25 Change in elo Rounded to -1 Elo Loss.
Second, builds on the first, but with more advanced math and scaling.
(Kills + (Assists/2) – Deaths)*.25 = Change in Elo
Ok so same numbers for Examples
(10 Kills + (4 Assists/2) – 7 Deaths)*.25 = 1.25Change in Elo Rounded to +1 Extra Elo
(1Kill + (28 Assists/2) – 4 Deaths)*25 = 2.5Change in Elo Rounded to +3 Extra Elo
(3Kills + (4 Assists/2) – 12Deaths)*.25 = -1.75Change in Elo Rounded to -2 Elo Loss.

With this Method Riot could easily tweak the elo changes via the multipliers.
I also would imagine that there should be some cap on this. Make it where people can only gain or lose 5 elo from this per game. *Again Numbers subject to change. And the Gain and lose wouldn’t have to be the same, for example could be able to gain 5 while only losing 2.
*This method would keep massive assist supports from gaining more elo than other roles.
So in the grand scheme of things, take a game where you lose, but do well say you should lose 11 elo based on the current system, now you could potentially only lose 6 elo if you do well, while the person causing the team to do poorly would lose up to 16.
Not only would this help better players maintain their elo so as not to be sucked down into “Elo Hell” while punishing players that cause your team to lose, thereby separating the players who are doing well at current elo from those dragging them down.

· Punish people for leaving.
A lot of people would like to keep their elo when a teammate quits/leaves/DCs. However this is not a viable long term solution, due to being easily exploitable. However, there is a simpler solution. Punish those causing the problem by lowering their elo. This would cause players to rethink leaving, the current mindset is if we are going to lose, what does it matter if I’m here. Well this would make it matter, which would also make for more opportunities for comebacks, that would not exist with a 4v5.
Great, so now how to keep players from disconnecting and causing a 4v5. When looking for a game (Applying only to Ranked Solo/Duo), do a quick connection check, if the players ping is in the “Red” don’t let them join a ranked game until they have corrected it. This will lower the odds of a player repeatedly disconnecting due to latency.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, please comment with ideas, changes suggestions, and make sure you vote, on the quality of these ideas, I would like to know if others like/dislike these suggestions.

Jakeway

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Nope this is wouldn't work.

MacaroniPenguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeway View Post
Nope this is wouldn't work.

Include some logic or reason why please.

adc

12-06-2012

2/5/4 Blitz who pulls the enemy ADC in the last fight and wins the game from behind with a clutch play. He'd gain .25 Elo, but the useless top lane who was 0/3/4 because he cast an AOE spell would also gain .25.

It doesn't take into account the actual gameplay. You can't just say "Oh, KDA is everything." Because it isn't. I can be 0/50/0 and if I pull off a clutch play that wins us the game, it's still my play that won us the game, whether I'm 0/50/0 or not.

MacaroniPenguin

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
2/5/4 Blitz who pulls the enemy ADC in the last fight and wins the game from behind with a clutch play. He'd gain .25 Elo, but the useless top lane who was 0/3/4 because he cast an AOE spell would also gain .25.

It doesn't take into account the actual gameplay. You can't just say "Oh, KDA is everything." Because it isn't. I can be 0/50/0 and if I pull off a clutch play that wins us the game, it's still my play that won us the game, whether I'm 0/50/0 or not.
But if your 0/50/0 you are the reason the clutch play is needed.

Habimaru

12-06-2012

You need to include team-contribution to obtaining/securing objectives: Turrets, Dragon, Inhibitors, particularly.
Turret-Assists, Inhibitor-Assists, and number of dragons team has secured.

Balls on Point

12-06-2012

Exactly. It doesn't matter what elo rank you're in, dieing is a huge deal. 3 players can be very good, but when your Lee Sin jungle is 1-12-3 (just happened) at the 22 minute mark (that's like a death every 1.7 minutes) it cases a huge problem for everyone else.

Then it forces clutch plays

MacaroniPenguin

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habimaru View Post
You need to include team-contribution to obtaining/securing objectives: Turrets, Dragon, Inhibitors, particularly.
Turret-Assists, Inhibitor-Assists, and number of dragons team has secured.
I don't disagree with this idea, but in the end it is reflected in your teams overall kdr to some extent.
Although I do see this being more accurate for trackign those items.

Voyles

12-06-2012

My team won the last game I played last night. I was the only one who had more kills than deaths on my team (18/17/16), barely. The other team had 3 opponents with twice as many kills as deaths. According to you solution, the enemy who lost would of gained in elo while the winning team loses elo. Sorry, but your solution does not work for team games where winning the game depends more than just kills and assists.

Die On My Lap

12-06-2012

Riot shouldn't award players based on their ability to kill, assist or not dying. The only basis for awarding players is their ability to win.

Also, you can get out of elo hell quite easily. Duo with someone struggling like you and has equal or better skill. If after many games you are not out of "elo hell", well you deserve to be there.