Lack of strong MR items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Novagrol

12-07-2012

Hi everyone,

As I'm sure has been bandied about countless times, is anyone else finding it hard to build a tank with strong MR without filling out multiple slots?

Since Season 3 started I've been assigned to top bruiser or tank a few times, despite being a mid player, so I'm really no expert. However, with force of nature removed, I feel there's so many more (not to mention more effective) Armor items than MR items. For example after getting Mercury's Treads + Spirit Visage, I was a bit lost as to what to build in terms of MR, since 4/5 of their team were either MR or hybrid.

Any thoughts or advice on how I could deal with casters more effectively with the item changes?

Kagami

12-07-2012

Runic Bulwark 60 mr for you and 30 mr for your team, it should be a staple item on a lot of tanks now.

Novagrol

12-07-2012

Hm, in that game I had a Janna who was kind enough to buy that for us, but interesting...

AelLynes

12-07-2012

I'd personally recommend Runic Bulwark against a mostly AP team, because it gives you the most MR in the game and shares half with your team, plus gives you a ton of other great defensive stats as well. Other than that it really depends a lot on who you're playing and who you're against. I mean, Abyssal Scepter isn't going to be nearly as good on Darius as Malmortius is. If you just need a good look at all your options, I'd recommend checking out the Lolwiki page for magic resistance; it lists all items available and the MR they provide.
Hope that helps!

PedestrianA

12-08-2012

After some pure AA(IE), pure AS (Hurrican), pure AR(Thornmail), almost pure health(Warmog), pure AP (Rabahan), it feels really weird that we dont have a super MR item to counter the AP carries quickly when they pick up a triple or a quadra accidentally in the last team fight. Such item can allow us to delay the core item for a better mid game or to round of your tank build at late game (pretty much the way the current thornmail works).

And it is worth mention that by have such a small variety of MR item, Ohmwrecker also become kinda useless --------- if you are likely to have some much AR item as the core item, why would it ever be meaningful to build sth to deal with the turret specifically? It is happy to see that S3 provide us item so that we no longer struggle how to turret dive effectively, but it is not happy that it is now even tougher for the tanks to build against heavy magic dmg, considering how tough it was to build 200MR and how even tougher for you build it(even you take it down to 180 to balance off the global stat nerf).