Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Too many champs to choose. Halp? 0_0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arosonomy

12-04-2012

I know that this question has been spammed acrossed the forums, as well as other sites; I however, would like a constructive out-look. First, allow me to give a brief statement on what I am specifically looking for.

Im not usually one for support, but if I must (and it's rare that I, in fact MUST) choose a support I choose a champ like Lux. I LOVE her CC and shield. Not to mention her sniping capability with her ulti. But usually I play her as an AP-Mid.

Honestly; AP mid is my strongest point. My favorite champions include;

Lux: Please see above.
Morganna: Not as powerful as I'd like, but (to me) a somewhat tanky, nega-version of lux.
Ryze: I loooove rarely running out of mana and being a powerhouse of electrical death to boot late game as well.
Diana: I sometimes play her jungle, but I absolutely love her mobility. Q+R is a great gap closer, deals a ton of damage, and if planned correctly, can be a great "Teleport" tactic to escape enemies by jumping over a treeline/wall.

Essentially; I like mages. With the excepetion of Diana (who is my second favorite; only to Lux), I preffer to keep my distance and play ranged. I know it's generally NOT the best strategy, but I usually run Clarity/Ghost, Clarity/Flash, or Clarity/Ignite depending on who I'm playing. So Mana issues aren't really that big of a deal to me.

I've tried Ziggs and Xerath; I like them, but not enough to buy them. I own Vladimir, and well, aside from his sustain and poking ability-- I feel like he doesn't do as much as I'd like him to do.

What I'm looking for:
Doesn't HAVE to be a mage, but I definitly preffer champs that are either full AP, or have the ability to be hybrids and not suck horribly (e.g. Evelynn or Elise). I'd like to have a well balanced champ thats moderate at damage and moderate at survival/support. If thats not really helpful, then I'd say a champ that is litterally a glass cannon with an attitude.

Now I know that it's REALLY hard to be like "Play this champion even though I have no idea how you play!" So essentially;

I am:
-Very agressive. Sometimes to a fault. I will tower dive and die to get a kill D:
- A team player. Being by myself is nice, but I love me a good jungler/support/tank that can help me gank unsuspecting/solo summoners.
-Not very experienced with other types of champions. All I really ever play is AP Carry (bot/mid) or straight up AP-Mid. I am willing to move out of that bracket, but I am wary lol.

Essentially with the above knowledge, what are your suggestions for champions to try out, and why do you feel that they are a good choice to make?

Thank you in advance for your time. I have a tendency to rant. >_>

Arosonomy

12-05-2012

I was really hoping for some feedback; but I understand that it's frowned upon to double-post/repetitively bump so I will only do this this once. >_<;

/bump

Wulfestopheles

12-05-2012

Stick with Ryze. Save up your points

Treeke

12-05-2012

You could play orianna.

Lucky Zilean

12-05-2012

Based on being very agressive and a team player, I recomend trying blitzcrank

Crimson King

12-05-2012

If you want a challenge, get Syndra. Practice a lot and melt faces

Ragebeard Manric

12-05-2012

If you are a real man, you will play Olaf.

In all roles.

innervation

12-05-2012

AP tristana. Now a successful turret dive means you can jump out and not die. Also has a lot of mana issues, so the fact that you're used to having clarity will be nice. Doesn't get tanky at all, just more damage and a dfg.

Edit: Her AA range ends up being good, but your cast ranges still suck, so AP trist actually plays more like diana than a ranged mage. I still think you'll like it though.

Gobul Gobbler

12-05-2012

APC and supporty? Galio sounds like he'd fit you.

Jack Haruka

12-05-2012

Orianna seems like your best bet.