Nami, the new "Support" champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shycadet

12-04-2012

Hey just wondering for the people who read up on Lawl updates and pre-revealed champs.

Is Nami really a support, or a kick ass AP carry? Because I just checked out the Ability Power on her, its high as heck >_<

WG Bbonee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

She is a support. Please, As a support main. Don't play her mid. Don't take one of our cool new support heros away from us.

Kramsys

12-04-2012

shes got aoe stuns and stuff, probly not suited as a mid for she lacks in ap dmg spells

ChiSqrd

12-04-2012

She is supposed to be a support but I think going AP mid with her is viable.

Zerictm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Lux, Morgana, Teemo, Zilean, Galio, Shen and Nidalee are all classified as support champs. I think it is safe to say that Nami going mid may be possible.

XxxKarma

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramsys View Post
shes got aoe stuns and stuff, probly not suited as a mid for she lacks in ap dmg spells
I guess you havent actually read the abilities. out of her 4 active abilities only 4 of them actually do damage.... wait thats all of them. hmm... i guess she could mid if someone wanted her to.

she has the damage of orianna who mids Quite often. she is not an assassin so she cant one shot you from full to empty with one string of abilities only but if you mix in attacks in the middle she is more than incredibly versatile as a mid champion.

and just for the record you can top, mid, support or ADC her. Shes just not very adept at jungling since she lacks the ability to sustain herself or do continuous damage without her spells, since they have long cooldowns.

shycadet

12-05-2012

Thanks for the posts. I looked at her abilities again, she does look like a major support. Like lulu

Kavrae

12-05-2012

I've tested both ways, though not extensively. She makes a decent mid, though I can't think of many situations where I would take her over traditional mids. Maybe if you really need a disruptor for countering fiddle/nunu/kat/etc, but I'm not sure how well she would do actually laning against them. She definitely makes a much better support though.