It seems like Xerath has 1/3rd the mana everyone else has

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undervalued

12-04-2012

Effectively.

His mana problems are through the roof. He has low base damage and long cooldowns. His farming is absolutely terrible.

Everyone can outtrade him and he has no reliable early game. They can literally sit on your side of the creeps. I am sick of playing Xerath, It isn't even a little fun anymore. I am basically hoping that the enemy is dumb whenever I pick him.

His damage is HORRIBLE. Can't even kill the caster minions with 150 ap and rank 5 Q. I mean wtf.

He needs either a mana remake OR way more base damage to make up for his terrible overall presence in lane.

Phil Nye

12-04-2012

Let me just ask you first the following:

-Do you max E or W second?
-Build/runes?

MediocreNuts

12-04-2012

He has the longest range of like any mage, and has a stun and huge burst. What more do you want?

Undervalued

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nye View Post
Let me just ask you first the following:

-Do you max E or W second?
-Build/runes?
I clearly max E second. The cooldown rank 1 is ridiculous, and W offers nothing more then rank 1 effectiveness mid game.

I was 90-60 with Xerath prior to the Molten skin dibbocle. I hate Xerath now and he was my main.

Undervalued

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreNuts View Post
He has the longest range of like any mage, and has a stun and huge burst. What more do you want?
Lux has longer range and more cc, shields, and short cooldown on ult...

But thanx for trying to make him sound good. Maybe a champ like annie can be outranged by him.

since his E that is required to stun is one of the shortest cast ranges in the entire game. 600

MediocreNuts

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo Master View Post

since his E that is required to stun is one of the shortest cast ranges in the entire game. 600
Utilize his W bro

Mass

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo Master View Post
I clearly max E second. The cooldown rank 1 is ridiculous, and W offers nothing more then rank 1 effectiveness mid game.

I was 90-60 with Xerath prior to the Molten skin dibbocle. I hate Xerath now and he was my main.
"Clearly" Well, I have news for you. Maxing w second lets you spam long range q, which is farther and easier to use poke.

Undervalued

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Domination View Post
"Clearly" Well, I have news for you. Maxing w second lets you spam long range q, which is farther and easier to use poke.
And when it hits, they just look at me like i am retarded and continue spamming spells on creeps clearing the entire wave in 2 seconds while i am out of range and have to wait 7 seconds to shoot my second blast.

Don't talk if you havnt played him at competitive levels.

NotBuzzJack

12-04-2012

Mana problems? Get Athene's.

Arosonomy

12-04-2012

I've only played him a couple times. I like him a lot. He is a little mana hungry; but utilizing his W is essential. That M-PEN is GROSS, Personally I build him slightly tanky. Nabbing items with high AP and moderate M-RES.

QWEQR. R>Q>W>E.

Sorc. Boots
Deathcap
Lichbane
Rylias
Z. Hourglass
Abyss Scepter

Flat M-Pen Sigils
Flat Armor Seals
AP/Lvl Glyphs --- OR flat M-RES
Flat AP Quints.

NO I am not level 30, but this is what makes the most sense to me.