Jubei?

Oh! Nice Samurai.. 4 57.14%
No! I will do a Harakiri 2 28.57%
Maybe...few things 1 14.29%
possibly...lot of things 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Concept] Jubei - the Outcast Ronin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leo Tomita

12-04-2012

Quote:
Lore:
Musashi had just arrived on the continent, and as soon as possible he head towards Noxus carrying a sword, the legendary Nousagi katana that once belonged to his deceased master.
few weeks later he was at Noxus gate, and, as he was instructed, he asks for permition to enter the city, it was in vain, so he kill the guards and enter by force.
He spends a couple of days asking people where he could find a prison, nobody ever answers him. So he figures another way to get in prison and starts to steal, kill thiefs and such. Soon he founds himself sorrounded by Noxian guards, and when everybody was waiting for a big fight he surrenders to the guards, se he could be taken to prison.
Arriving there he asks another convicts where they could keep really bad criminals, and a innmate told him about the Black Tower, place where all worst Noxus criminals were held captive. And as soon he arrives in the jail he starts to kill the guards with his bare hands and kills his way up into the Black Tower until he finds Jubei chained to a wall, with no weapons, another prisioner gives his knife to Musashi with one condition, be freed as well, Musashi accepts the deal, pick the knife made of a piece of metal with a very sharp edge and cut the chains, and the lock of Mr.Shank too, Mr.Shank get his knife back and dissapear in the darkness.
Jubei was very injured, with one eye removed by the guards, and severe cuts in his arms, Musashi grabs him and starts to runaway from there, but at that point Jubei wakes up, and tell Musashi where his sword is, Musashi tries to convince Jubei to forget about it, but he was irreducible about get his sword back, so, together they go to the Director's Office, where both swords was, and by surprise Musashi also found his own sword, Inazuma (lightning), by the side of Nousagi and Chinamagusai. Together they force their way out again.
they kept themselves hide until the injures of Jubei get well, Musashi sewed a eyepatch for Jubei, and starts to plan their travel back to Ionia, but Jubei had different plans, he decided to stay and avenge the deaths of all the dead students of Kosen Dojo as well his beloved Master, but revenge is not the caminhono which both were taught, even to Jubei, a child who saw his parents being killed and sold to foreigners for being of an unknown race by all, Harekin, a starnge mix of human and hare from Piltover.
Master Himura saw that sad little child in the hands of bad people on Ionia, so he adopted the young child, and call his own sword in tribute of his "son", Nousagi (Hare), taught evethig he knew to Jubei and together they start the Kosen dojo.
But Musashi never knew that Jubei had become so different, and, they discuss, a start a fight, both defending their principals. But neither Musashi or Jubei could take the life from each other, so, they go different paths, but they will soon face again, but now in the Fields of Justice.

Innate - Nousagi/Chinamagusai: Jubei owns 2 swords and dependig wich one he is using at the time, bonus stats are granted.
Jubei attacks and skills using Nousagi gains bonus damage for a short period and AS while he is using Nousagi
Jubei attacks and skills using Chinamagusai slows the target for a few seconds, Jubei gains MS while he is using Chinamagusai, both effects cannot occur more than once every few seconds.
Nousagi = Hare...small katana
Chinamagusai = Sanguinary...big katana

Scale: 6, 11, 16.
Nousagi Stats:
25, 30, 35, 40% AS
40, 45, 50, 55 True Damage per attack for 3 seconds.
Chinamagusai Stats
25, 30, 35, 40% Slow for 3 seconds
5, 7.5, 10, 12.5% MS
Cooldown: 10 seconds

Q - Tatsumaki: Jubei's next attack deals bonus damage.
Using Nousagi grants Armor Penetration, and if this skill kills a unit the cooldown is refreshed.
Using Chinamagusai, Tatsumaki will deal demage in a cone ahead of Jubei granting Life Steal for a while, and if this skill kills a unit the cone area will continues to deal damage to units inside
ex: Tatsumaki = Tornado
Damage: 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 (+0.5 Total AD) as Physical Damage
Nousagi Armor Pen.: 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15% for 3 seconds
Chinamagusai Life Steal: 10, 12.5, 15, 17.5, 20% for 3 seconds
Chinamagusai AoE Damage: 80, 120, 160, 200, 240 (+1. 75 Total AD) over 2 seconds as Magical Damage
Cone Size: 500 units with 270 angle
Cooldown: 7 seconds

W - Chinamagusai: Jubei sheathes Nousagi, draws Chinamagusai and as long he keep himself in combat he does not changes back. The cooldown only starts when he stay for 5 seconds off combat. Chinamagusai grants Jubei bonus range and life steal.

Bonus Range: 105 units
Life Steal: 10, 12, 14, 16, 18%
Cooldown: 15 seconds after he sheathes

E - Insurmountable Defense: Jubei uses both swords to prevent any projectile passes through him, it also damages any unit inside a area around Jubei.
Using Nousagi Jubei regenerates a percentage of the damage dealt.
Using Chinamagusai, the AoE keeps dealing damage overtime.

ex: by Projectile i mean....ANYTHING...who travels a distance...even skill shots are gonna be deflected...Cait's Piltover Peacemaker..will not passes through Insurmountable Defense...as well Veigar's ult..and so on.

Damage: 50, 70, 90, 110, 130 (+ 1.0 Total AD) as Magical Damage
AoE Size: 400 units
Using Nousagi: 55% damage dealt converted to heal.
Using Chinamagusai: 60, 120, 180, 240, 300 (1.0 Total AD) over 3 seconds as Magical Damage
Cooldown: 25 seconds

R - Fukusei: Jubei uses both swords to cut enemies, enemy champions with less than 10% Total Health dies. If Fukusei kills a Champion Jubei uses both swords for a short period, gaining both bonus for the duration.

Damage: 100, 150, 200, (+2.0 Total AD) as Physical Damage
Duration 3, 4, 5 seconds after killing a champion with Fukusei.
Cast Range: 200
Cooldown: 60, 50, 40 seconds

Quote:
Statistics
Health: 6/10
Damage: 9/10
Spell: 7/10
Dificulty: 6/10

Quote:
Base Stats

Health: 450 (+75) = 1800 at lvl 18
Health Regen: 7 (+0.8) = 21.4 at lvl 18
Attack Damage: 57 (+4) = 129 at lvl 18
Attack Speed: 0.7 (+4.5%) = 1.267 at lvl 18
Magic Res: 30 (+1.25) = 52.5 at lvl 18
Armor: 20 (+2.8) = 70.4 at lvl 18
Range:155/ 250
Mov. Speed: 325
Quote:
Items
Classic:
Leo Tomita Index Page

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

You're missing a gap closer and the ultimate is very vague as are your Q and E.

I like the idea of having two swords that you can switch between on a cooldown. Your passive is also vague. How do the bonuses proc? Is it on basic attack or on skill use?

Leo Tomita

12-05-2012

missing Lore and Skill icons...

Veinhoff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-05-2012

Innate : Your innate ability looks awesome, but I don't understand how you can switch stences.
Q : Q is nice, but your innate already grants AS. As for Chinamagusai, your AD ratio may be too high (1.75 is huge).
W : So W is the way to change weapons? Is this why Chinamagusai is stronger than the other one in Q?
E : Looks really strong, but as the CD is 25 seconds, I guess it's alright. Thumbs up!
R : Short and sweet.
General stats
Magic Res: 30 (+1) --> it usually get up by 1.25 if I remember right. +1 just doesn't exist in LoL.
Armor: 20 (+2) --> +2 scaling is really low, you should put at least 2.8!
Movement speed : That's your choice, but I think he should have more MS. He's not an "escape pro", so good basic MS would be best (like 320, or with preseason 345).

Leo Tomita

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veinhoff View Post
Innate : Your innate ability looks awesome, but I don't understand how you can switch stences.
Q : Q is nice, but your innate already grants AS. As for Chinamagusai, your AD ratio may be too high (1.75 is huge).
W : So W is the way to change weapons? Is this why Chinamagusai is stronger than the other one in Q?
E : Looks really strong, but as the CD is 25 seconds, I guess it's alright. Thumbs up!
R : Short and sweet.
General stats
Magic Res: 30 (+1) --> it usually get up by 1.25 if I remember right. +1 just doesn't exist in LoL.
Armor: 20 (+2) --> +2 scaling is really low, you should put at least 2.8!
Movement speed : That's your choice, but I think he should have more MS. He's not an "escape pro", so good basic MS would be best (like 320, or with preseason 345).
oh thank you very much man...ill make the changes....

Veinhoff

Recruiter

12-07-2012

No problem!
Bumping this thread in case anyone would like to review.

Falstar

12-07-2012

Seems like an interesting concept, as we don't have a Japanese themed warrior (At least I don't believe). However, I do have concerns about his ultimate where the scaling is a tad too high considering it's base damage is not at all low. I think you should either lower the scaling in general (1-1.5) or change it to scale off BONUS AD, as including the base damage is terrifyingly strong.

Coming to his passive, you may need to go more indepth to what it actually does, because all I see are details, and not much of some kind of activation. For example, "2 seconds" is this a DoT, is this a buff (2 seconds of a weaker hiten style). Because right now it rubs off as a weaker hiten style, and unless perfectly timed right, he won't get in many attacks, rendering the true damage nearly useless, unless he builds AS and times his passive. However his rather high scaling (E and R) make it more desireable to stack AD (Bloodthirsters perhaps).

Those were just my 2 cents

Leo Tomita

12-07-2012

ult nerfed....innate duration increased...MS and AS becoming permanent...as long he keeps using the particular sword

Mytharionas

12-11-2012

Skills:

Quote:
Innate - Nousagi/Chinamagusai: Jubei owns 2 swords and dependig wich one he is using at the time, bonus stats are granted.
Jubei attacks and skills using Nousagi gains bonus damage for a short period and AS while he is using Nousagi
Jubei attacks and skills using Chinamagusai slows the target for a few seconds, Jubei gains MS while he is using Chinamagusai, both effects cannot occur more than once every few seconds.
I do like the idea of having two different weapons for different situations. It seems like Nousagi is a standard offensive increase while Chinamagusai is use primarily for chasing. We'll have to take a look at the skillset.

Quote:
Q - Close Range: Jubei's next attack using deals bonus damage.
Using Nousagi grants Magic Penetration, and if this skill kills a unit the cooldown is refreshed.
Using Chinamagusai Close Range will deal demage in a cone ahead of Jubei granting Life Steal for a while, and if this skill kills a unit the cone area will continues to deal damage to units inside
Both skills do bonus damage, but i'm not sure I like how a different weapon changes the entire skill completely. I've taken a quick overview and saw that the next ability is actually the one that changes swords. I have to see what the other ones are before I can make a decision on this one.

W - Chinamagusai: Jubei sheathes Nousagi, draws Chinamagusai and as long he keep himself in combat he does not changes back. The cooldown only starts when he stay for 5 seconds off combat. Chinamagusai grants Jubei bonus range and life steal.

So when he has Chinamagusai, he gains the benefits from the passive as well as range and life steal? That would make for a rather good reason to keep fighting if you wanted to keep the weapon. It also seems like the skills involving Chinamagusai are significantly stronger offensively, so that Close Range skill might be alright.

Quote:
E - Insurmountable Defense: Jubei uses both swords to prevent any projectile passes through him, it also damages any unit inside a area around Jubei.
Using Nousagi Jubei regenerates a percentage of the damage dealt.
Using Chinamagusai, the AoE keeps dealing damage overtime.
This sounds like a great ability. But I need more info on how it works. Is it like a spell shield? Or do you have to time it in order to hit the shot you want to intercept? Also, it's looking like Nousagi is the sword to use for when you are biding your time for the right moment to strike, and Chinamagusai is the one you go in and initiate with.

Quote:
R - Slice Twice: Jubei uses both swords to cut enemies, enemy champions with less than 10% Total Health dies. If Slice Twice kills a Champion Jubei uses both swords for a short period, gaining both bonus for the duration.
An ultimate with a hefty finishing component that rewards successful uses with a powerful mode in which you gain both of your blade's effects. This does help clear up some of my earlier confusion of Jubei's ability passive bonuses. I thought they overlapped a bit, but judging by this ability they were actually supposed to at some point. Not too shabby.

Aesthetics:
Sadly I can't comment on the aesthetics, because there aren't any at the moment. I can assume he'll go one of two ways though; robed samurai or armored samurai. Either one could be interesting to see.

Final Thoughts:
While I was a bit skeptical at first, this champion doesn't seem to have anything wrong with him from a mechanical perspective. His blades seem suited to two different purposes, and switching between them seems relatively easy. I think Chinamagusai is notably stronger than Nousagi, but that's probably intentional.

My only issue at the moment is the names of his Q and R abilities. With names like Chinamagusai and Nousagi thrown in the mix, Close Range and Slice Twice seem a bit awkward. I don't know if I can recommend a suitable replacement though, my skills in languages other than English and duck are sub-par to say the least. Other than that, he's looking pretty awesome. Hope my review helps you out.

Leo Tomita

12-11-2012

Quote:
So when he has Chinamagusai, he gains the benefits from the passive as well as range and life steal?
no....Nousagi is the fast one with bonus damage...ill increase the cooldown ...but thats not the point...
and Chinamagusai is the slower/longer/lifesteal sword....when using one ...the other buffs are off...Except when Ult......

Quote:
This sounds like a great ability. But I need more info on how it works. Is it like a spell shield? Or do you have to time it in order to hit the shot you want to intercept? Also, it's looking like Nousagi is the sword to use for when you are biding your time for the right moment to strike, and Chinamagusai is the one you go in and initiate with.
you have to time it in order to hit the shot you want to intercept....imagine a bubble of "air" ...in that bubble no projectile can pass through...

all reviews are good reviews....other eyes upon the champs makes us think more clearly...at least is that what happens to me....and about skill names ...yes i will change them....i will add names like it was some sort of techniques...........
as a appearance/Lore.....i dont know if i go for my first thought..because ...he is a grumpy badazz Bunny...race who lives is Piltover, same race as Jedediah..another champ mine...(both my creation...any of that trully exists in LoL Lore....anywhere...i must have some kind of mental problem......)