The highest MR item is spirit visage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MSTR Titan

12-04-2012

Yeah, looks like maining as tanky champions suddenly sucks.

Bloodba7h

12-04-2012

FoN shut down typical AP mages too hard. Bruisers already pwn mages, now a fast bruiser that just sustains super hard is a shut down item.

I think they wanted less shut down items that didn't fill a niche properly. FoN was one of those items you got if you were doing hella good and made mobile champs MORE mobile while providing no counterplay for mages that relied on kiting or slows.

I think.

TzAnonymous

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon48 View Post
Removing FoN is one of the few cases in which I can find no reason to back up Riot's actions.
It was a great item, gave nice stats, wasn't too cheap, and was core on my favorite junglers, Hecarim and Singed.

"it served no archetype"

"what kind of item is useful that gives magic resistance, healing and MS"

"too many effects that dont syndergize well as a whole with any hero"

I can think of at least 5 items off the top of my head that exist now that are just garbage compared to this item.

I don't know what they were thinking, but getting away from some AP'er and chilling a bit while HP comes back up instead of teleing to based every damn time was really useful...

Insentience

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzAnonymous View Post
"it served no archetype"

"what kind of item is useful that gives magic resistance, healing and MS"

"too many effects that dont syndergize well as a whole with any hero"
That's a bunch of nonsense.

TzAnonymous

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodba7h View Post
FoN shut down typical AP mages too hard. Bruisers already pwn mages, now a fast bruiser that just sustains super hard is a shut down item.

I think they wanted less shut down items that didn't fill a niche properly. FoN was one of those items you got if you were doing hella good and made mobile champs MORE mobile while providing no counterplay for mages that relied on kiting or slows.

I think.
You think 100% right.. Though the only problem is, why would the item exist so long in that state if it was such a problem. Only two practical reasons.

1) They're completely oblivious to what goes on in this game

2) It wasn't that bad, but someone in the office somehow found something to be dissatisfied with, as if there arent enough issues that demand more attention.

Thus if this item wasn't removed until now, that means it wasn't really an issue, or they are just goons.

Either way, Riot cannot win in this defense. Im not concerned with the stupid excuse of "too difficult to balance" while the item has been around for as long as it has been, especially so when they start talking about build diversity, of which is the opposite of what is currently going on in the game.

Make new items, never take old items (that have been around a long time) away or nerf like you did with DFG(was 100% useless after nerf for that price). Then talk to be about build diversity. Oh btw gl jungling without machette. Diversity...lol.

TzAnonymous

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insentience View Post
That's a bunch of nonsense.
Welcome to the mindset of a few Rioters.

pro crastinat0r

12-04-2012

I believe I remember riot saying something along the line of: it was too niche of a pick, the stats on the item had no synergy with each other and while it worked very well on a few heroes, most people looking for MR couldn't really use it effectively

its not that it was in anyway broken, they just wanted to refine item options

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

You do realize that since they nerfed resistances all around even if FoN stayed it would also be around the 60 MR range

Insentience

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro crastinat0r View Post
I believe I remember riot saying something along the line of: it was too niche of a pick, the stats on the item had no synergy with each other and while it worked very well on a few heroes, most people looking for MR couldn't really use it effectively

its not that it was in anyway broken, they just wanted to refine item options
They could've removed the movement speed and health regen on it and I'd still buy it.

I mean, how else am I supposed to defend against AP carries?

Bunnle

12-04-2012

I loved how it stacked so well with Garen's passive.

Riot why? ;__;