Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Am I the only one....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Friesguy

12-05-2012

Quote:
holyhug:
in all honesty there are very few things in this patch you could call "improvement"

the flashy new hud looks like it was copied and pasted from SW: ToR and honestly doesn't have the "League look" like the old one had

The old store again the new one is trying to hard to look flashy, the old one was great all it needed was a search feature

jungleing is almost to the point of not even being viable at the moment, they buffed the jungle camps soo much that almost every jungler gets so close to death every time they do a camp rotation early levels they cant gank which was the whole point of the jungler in the first place to keep the pressure off lanes early game, now your hard pressed to find a game where the first tower downed is later then the 13 minute mark

I personally enjoy the new items but, like every tank player I'm sickened by the fact they removed Force of Nature, there are now no really strong MR items, I was playing a game i was going 13/2/8 Singed, i had the new warmogs and spirit visage(plus the typical tank Singed items) I got roasted by a 2/5 Brand with his full combo, the fact that they removed the best MR item in the game with out compensating for it just blows my mind

I also honestly don't like that they removed HoG honestly it was more of a top lane item more then a support item, the only support i ever saw with it early game (yes supports got it but usaly mid to late game so it could build into something else) was Shen and Mundo the fact that they removed it to "nurf supports" doesn't really make scene

I'm sorry if you don't agree with what I said I'm just saying what I've seen in several Platinum ranked games and a few games of my own

Heart of Gold was a way to maintain a gold lead in top once you took the lead. If I got a kill on you, I'd go back, get HoG, be tankier and getting GP10 to stay ahead of you. That was the main reason for it's removal. 2nd: Why is everyone forgetting Banshee's Veil still exists? Besides, it's a better item on Singed since it gives mana, health, and more health with the passive, not to mention a spell shield and a lot of good raw MR anyways.

And junglers scale into late game now so they can have some actual items late game. I;d highly suggest playing the jungle role with a champ like Olaf or Darius, and see the great items you build late game compared to how it used to be. That's just me though.

Crozak

12-06-2012

I am a fan of the new changes. Hard to get used to some new things, but can't get better if they don't change it. Do I have no gripes? Can't say that. But I would say i have fewer gripes about the changes than I did about the game before.

New UI, imo is WAY better on a small screen. Though several people I know with bigger ones don't like it.

Helter Kremlin

12-06-2012

New changes allow for new stratagey. I like them.
I'm not saying you are a bad player for complaining/ not liking all the changes made, but putting blame on those changes because you lose a lot is just sad.
New jungle isn't hard, try a NS jungler like WW if you are having trouble.

LeagueOfLauren

12-06-2012

I like it

mnun

12-07-2012

Quote:
Helter Kremlin:
New changes allow for new stratagey. I like them.
I'm not saying you are a bad player for complaining/ not liking all the changes made, but putting blame on those changes because you lose a lot is just sad.
New jungle isn't hard, try a NS jungler like WW if you are having trouble.

Good points

NY l Voodoo

12-07-2012

This thread is tl;dr for my short attention span at the moment, so I will go back and read it through, but overall I have almost no gripes about the new setup. If anything, it made some of the characters I love to play MORE viable.

Nautilus with the new AP and/or jungle items is awesome, same with Sejuani. Being able to beast mode with a ton of CC that deals better damage now than it did before makes some team fights laughable.

Tyr Ahn Nee

12-07-2012

Patch Sucks. Two Thumbs Down. On a scale of 1 to 10, it gets a -3.
Its like Riot hired Jay Wilson to make the game fun, and he totally killed every ounce of fun he could find.

They totally descimated Tanking. Removing FoN and the Regrowth Pendant. Reducing Warmogs, and making it Unstackable. Like someone else already said; there is now no Magic Resist item that enhances a Tank build. The further into the Defense mastery skill tree you go the more the skills become irrelevant.

hi im Coley

12-08-2012

I have no complaints about the UI. I have small complaints on some of the new items, and who they are aimed at. I do however have a complaint about jungling-I've played Nunu, Shaco, and Lee Sin mostly jungling, and i can't help but notice that when im ready for a gank i go somewhere, 1/4 the time ill get an assist/kill the other 3/4 of the time, i wont get anything and waste my time. OK. So back to jungling, hmm top lane looks like she needs a gank. Nevermind, the person has a ward in river and backed up, effectivley wasting my time yet again, losing xp and gold.

Now by sometime during play, i've been trying to establish lane presense, and keep my jungle 1/2 way to fully cleared, but lets say i'm level 6, (and this has happened almost all the games i've played) mid and top is about level ~8-9. Wtf. (Most of the time the other jungle has only appeared in a lane once, and he's out leveled me and out farmed me so far). Almost same level as mid/top. So by trying to help my team out and gank establish presense so that their team is more weary to engage knowing i might be close by, i've ultimately lost gold/xp/and power later on in the game.

I would love to play Mundo, but it seems like i've only played about 80% of my games w/ enemy junglers as Mundo, now-i know that he's good, but am i forced to play him cause he's got "Tons of Damage" from abilities, a super kiting/baiting/chasing ult that just makes him almost impossible to kill late game if he's not shut down, and not to mention a very adequate and low cooldown skill shot slow.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, only junglers i've seen do very well is Mundos, or Nunu's the rest have been very easily forgettable.

EDIT2: Also it's hard to stay in jungle and level and farm, when my teammates are just being very pushy and constantly spamming gank bot, gank top, gank mid, where's the jungler? we have a jungler? When most of the time ganks are often unsuccessful or very little help to me, like i said wasting my time-xp and gold.

TL;DR - Hate the new jungle system so far, have to stay in jungle more, and it's my fault when lanes need help and i'm vastly out leveled from trying to help anytime before 6.

Eloquid

12-08-2012

Quote:
ThisGameSucks00:
Junglers that have no sustain now are useless.

That's because if you don't have sustain, you're not a jungler. No more jungling with Master Yi. But yeah I hate this patch to the bones, good thing is I'll have more time for the other things in my life.

Eloquid

12-08-2012

Quote:
Crozak:
I am a fan of the new changes. Hard to get used to some new things, but can't get better if they don't change it. Do I have no gripes? Can't say that. But I would say i have fewer gripes about the changes than I did about the game before.

New UI, imo is WAY better on a small screen. Though several people I know with bigger ones don't like it.

Right, that new super small font must be easier to read on small screen.