Jungle Irelia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Donutreallyhurts

12-04-2012

Hey folks, I love playing Irelia and with the recent changes I've been looking into a jungle build with her. It goes as follows, with the main focus for runes and masteries being AS

Reds:Attack Speed
Yellows:Armor
Blues: Attack Speed
Quints:Movespeed

I take a pretty tanky 6/24/0 with the 6 in offense on the bonus creep damage and attack speed. In defense the most important points are put into Tough Skin/ Bladed Armor and Armor and Health.

For items I get a machete and 5 potions and head to blue. I can finish jungle (Blue > Wolves >Wraiths > Red) with near full health because of my W.

Need second opinions, anyone who has something to contribute totally should.

reynald0df

12-04-2012

I tried it out like an hour ago, first route was slow but i went ganking lvl 3 with nearly full health and still 3 potions left (got machete 5 pots). Jungle Irelia DOES get her items later than lane Irelia, BUT her ganks are still good and if you get one of the 4 spirit stones (don't remember the name) that gives you burn damage over time, it really only gets easier and faster to clear the camps. After the spirit stone you go as usual, mercs, trinity, wit's end, etc. It is viable, but slow. BUT with the sustain she has, she CAN gank earlier than other squishier junglers.. I LOVE THIS NEW PATCH <3

Edit: Forgot to add:
Runes:
Atck speed reds
Armor yellows
MRes blues
AD Quints

Masteries:

As much as it sounds like a joke, this masteries are GREAT 1/29/0
1 point in offense for Summoners wrath and everything else into defense... This new defensive tree i feel is the best out of the 3, and i feel that the offensive tree is kinda weak for AD champs, besides Irelia has true dmg anyways..

Good Luck and keep practicing, Jungle Irelia is reeeeeeeeally fun

Cavedog90

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Do you mind explaining a little more? I.e.:

First ability (I'm assuming W for it's passive)

I sometimes hit golems before red, depending on how fast I'm jungling, and where do you think Irelia should go and when she should gank?

Things like that and anything else you can think of.

I love playing Irelia and would love a little more feedback from you or to help you out, but seeing as I'm still trying to get used to the patch it's coming along a little slowly.

reynald0df

12-04-2012

To be honest this was my first time jungling irelia in months, i've jungled her like 3 times since i started playing her. I start blue, since with blue buff you can spam abilities to clear faster AND heal yourself with active hiten. After blue i go wolves, then wraiths, then red, then golems, and if there's not a gank opportunity i follow up with wraiths then wolves. By this time i should have no potions left so i either try to gank or go back and buy. Obviously W is first, then i get a point in Q, and at lvl 3 another W if i want to keep farming or a point in E if i want to gank. after you get the spirit stone it's all the same item path you would follow top lane. Im not an expert at Irelia but i would advice you to start at blue buff, irelia relies a lot on her abilities early-mid game, and to be able to spam w and q really helps her out.

Edit: Lol didn't get the golem part... Usually Irelia's jungle speed is slow so unlike other junglers you will have smite available for red buff. I would almost always go red buff before golems because the enemy jungler could either steal it, or be ganking near you, and with red buff you can have an advantage over him. On the other hand if the enemy jungler tries to mess with your team while you are doing golems or red buff you have to decide if you want to help them with the XP disadvantage, or stay and finish the camp with the risk of your teammates getting killed. I think i wrote too much lol, hope I made myself clear, english is not my native language :P

Crazy Crann

12-05-2012

Jungle Irelia could possibly be viable, but I don't know if I'd opt for her over other jungles. Her ganking power would be relatively low due to the short range on her gap-closer and general lack of burst, which basically means you're relying on camp-clearing for most of your income. And the problem with that is, Irelia's clear times are not fantastic.

Her sustain is great and she could probably survive jungle like a boss, but I suspect that her ability to drop camps and her utility on ganks would be somewhat limited.

In effect, she's just better off rolling top, and the team is better off having a more mobile/effective ganker in the jungle.