Nia, the Mind Witch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SephirothWontDie

12-04-2012

just a quick something i threw together. not a whole lot of though on this, but let me know if there is something to improve.

Name: Nia, the Mind Witch

Lore:

Nia had always sensed the thoughts of others and somehow had the ability to talk with them without actually being there. She had practiced this ability often, in order be of use to her town, or so she claims. She had always invaded others thoughts and twisted their minds should they think badly of her. No matter where she went, there were reports of people, whispering to themselves or people who had simply died without a clear explanation. Everyone had suspected Nia, but no one came back alive when confronting her. Some were absolutely terrified, others were unable to even move. The reports also told of innocent civilians bursting with sudden fear and they had all repeated the words of others affected by this condition.
Nia found herself wandering in an unfamiliar place, somewhere where her powers were weakened. She wondered what power could overwhelm her own. She walked further, her curiosity piqued by this strange phenomenon, until she reached the source, where he powers were completely shut out. A cloaked figure had been waiting. Nia focused intently to enter this figure's mind, but was unable to. The figure had told her that her magic was unrefined and useless unless she could unlock her true potential. Nia begged for the oppotunity that she spoke of, and she agreed, but only if Nia would Join the League and only use her powers on the field of battle. Nia accepted. However, during her training, she pushed herself too far and fell to the voices she heard. To this day, Nia remains a woman of her word, only using her powers on the field of battle, but she can often be found sitting and talking to an empty chair, for the final push had released not only her potential, but something more.
"I hear the whispers. Sometimes, they tell me to escape, but other times... they tell me to kill." -Nia

Abilities:

Passive: Telepathic Residue
An enemy affected by Nia's abilities will recieve an additional effect depending on which ability hit them last.
Each ability will list the additional effect.

Q: Mind Warp:
Nia target's an enemy and attempts to drive them mad. Deals 40/50/60/70/80(+1 AP) magic damage and afflicts them with Warped.
Warped: When set off by another of Nia's abilities, the target champion is silenced and unable to use basic attacks for 1.5 seconds.

W: Mind Link:
Nia links herself to an enemy unit. During this time, if the enemy is a minion, they recieve 20/27/35/42/50(+.7 AP) magic damage every half second for 3 seconds. If the target is a champion, they recieve 40/55/70/85/100(+.4 AP) magic damage every second for 3 seconds and are afflicted by Tether.
Tether: When set off by another of Nia's abilities, the target champion will be linked to Nia and stunned for 2 seconds if the link is broken early.

E: Spirit Bomb
Nia infuses the target with a corrosive curse, dealing 3(+.01 AP)% of their current health as magic damage each second for 6 seconds, and afflicting them with Bomb.
Bomb: When set off by another of Nia's abilities, the target explodes, dealing 4/8/12/16/20(+.01 AP)% of their missing health as magic damage to all nearby enemy units.

R: Whispers:
Nia speaks words of insanity into the target champion. The target takes 100/200/300(+1 AP) magic damage, fears the target for 2 seconds and afflicts them with Insanity.
Insanity: When set off by another of Nia's abilities, all enemy units will see an illusion of Nia instead of the real Nia. The illusion is as far away from Nia's actual point as the closest enemy is from Nia. Nia casting a spell will cause a fluctuation in the enemies heads, causing her to be revealed briefly(about half a second), then reverting back to an illusion. Nia is revealed when an enemy champion is at least within a radius of 100.
Upon champion selection:
"They said you'd pick me."

Movement:
"They said this way."
"I knew you'd say that."
"To insanity."

Upon ultimate cast:
"Insanity welcomes you!"
Upon 'Insanity' detonation:
"And you!"

Taunt:
"They told me you were strong. They were wrong.
"They told me you were weak. I almost didn't believe them."

Joke:
"I am not crazy. Do you hear me? I AM NOT CRAZY! I'M NOT, I'M NOT, I'M NOT!" ~falls to the ground, then gets back up~ "Sorry, I was arguing with the voices."

Laugh:
~multiple different voices can be heard laughing~

what do you think? this was a quick concept just tossed together. let me know what should be changed and what shouldnt.

EDIT: increased q base damage, reduced q ap ratio, added silence to q secondary effect but reduced the duration slightly. lowered spirit bomb detonate damage. changed fear to 2 seconds for all ranks.
EDIT: changed detonation effect of ult and changed damge on E

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

typo in lore "She had practiced this sbility often"

Formatting - For example: Instead of saying "deals 20 damage every half second for 3 seconds" say "deals 120 damage over 3 seconds"

Passive - pretty much telling us "this champion is like Brand" without the % hp dot and less single target capability. Could use something more. The 6 second CD is an unnecessary limit.

Q - Very low base damage with ridiculous AP scaling. I'd suggest balancing it out to 1.0 * AP scaling and increase the base damage drastically. Secondary effect is interesting but useless vs mages. perhaps add in a silence. Take a look at Lulu's Whimsy polymorph.

W - Meh. Dot that can cause an enemy to be stunned. Secondary effect has some weird functionality: What's the leash range on the tether? Does "setting it off" reset the duration?

E - 30% max hp is a LOT of damage. That's pretty much giving her the damage of Evelynn's ultimate. Perhaps make it base damage + % current hp. Does this deal %hp of the afflicted champion or deal %hp of each target that gets hit by the AoE?

R - Interesting. I like it, but the fear is a bit low for an ultimate. 2 sec at all ranks or 1.5/2/2.5 would be more appropriate.

I mention Brand but it's less of "cast this ability after another one for an additional effect" and more of an "cast another ability after this one to get the first's second effect"

From what I can see, unless the duration on each debuff is really long or the CD on her Q is really short, you're almost always going to want to cast Q last.

Rennal Spiritmight, the Bookworm when you have time.

SephirothWontDie

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
typo in lore "She had practiced this sbility often"

Formatting - For example: Instead of saying "deals 20 damage every half second for 3 seconds" say "deals 120 damage over 3 seconds"

Passive - pretty much telling us "this champion is like Brand" without the % hp dot and less single target capability. Could use something more. The 6 second CD is an unnecessary limit.

Q - Very low base damage with ridiculous AP scaling. I'd suggest balancing it out to 1.0 * AP scaling and increase the base damage drastically. Secondary effect is interesting but useless vs mages. perhaps add in a silence. Take a look at Lulu's Whimsy polymorph.

W - Meh. Dot that can cause an enemy to be stunned. Secondary effect has some weird functionality: What's the leash range on the tether? Does "setting it off" reset the duration?

E - 30% max hp is a LOT of damage. That's pretty much giving her the damage of Evelynn's ultimate. Perhaps make it base damage + % current hp. Does this deal %hp of the afflicted champion or deal %hp of each target that gets hit by the AoE?

R - Interesting. I like it, but the fear is a bit low for an ultimate. 2 sec at all ranks or 1.5/2/2.5 would be more appropriate.

I mention Brand but it's less of "cast this ability after another one for an additional effect" and more of an "cast another ability after this one to get the first's second effect"

From what I can see, unless the duration on each debuff is really long or the CD on her Q is really short, you're almost always going to want to cast Q last.

Rennal Spiritmight, the Bookworm when you have time.
i will take a look, and thank your for commenting.

fixed the typo, thanks you.

passive, i wanted to do something like brand, but i remembered how his worked, and i reversed the mechanics on it. i worked this so that you would watch your surroundings, then you can base your combo off of whats going on, are you 1v1? is it a team fight? what do you need right now? but, i did remove the cooldown, what i was worried about was too much cc, knowing what i wanted on her.

q, i added a silence in the secondary, but i reduced the duration by half a second. i did up the base damage and lower the ratio as you suggested. i wanted something that wouldnt be overwhelming, but it turned out to be underwhelming early game, which is not good.

w, the tether has no set range. before i added in cooldowns and ranges, i wanted some comments to get an idea of where im at with this girl.

e, i lowered the damage on secondary to 20%. i wanted the percentage to stay because its her team fight burst. in a team fight, this is what you want first, in a duel, its not.

r, i did what you suggested and made the fear a flat 2 all ranks.

thanks a bunch, will take a look at yours.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Also did you intend for your ultimate to be a DoT or deal damage immediately?

SephirothWontDie

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
Also did you intend for your ultimate to be a DoT or deal damage immediately?
its immediate damage.

Nysta

01-22-2013

"...for the final push had released more than her potential, but something more."
Shouldn't it be "...for the final push had not only released her potential, but something more."?
Q: Very low damage for its scaling with AP. I'd lower the AP scaling and increase the damage dealt (to up to 250 or so).
Q-proc: Reminds me of LB, just that it also keeps you from auto-attacking.
W: Once again, the AP scalings seem too high (overall 1.2, abilities like this should be a bit lower).
W-proc: Can be very strong. Basically a reverse Morgana ultimate that deals no damage and is single target. Strength depends on range. Generally it seems okay, but together with the Q-proc you already have 3.5 seconds cc. At least this one is not guaranteed, but it will impact movement in any cases.
E: 30% +6% of the targets maximum health for every 100 Ap seems a bit too strong, don't you think so?
E-proc: Seems a bit stronger than the E itself to be honest. It's scalings are fine, but 20% max health as AOE is pretty heavy.
A solution of this might be changing these effects to current and missing health. Still I'd recommend lowering the damage of the first part.
R: Two seconds fear. This guarantees the stun from the W-proc and makes you have a 5.5 seconds cc straight up. Seems to be too much to me. Those timers by itself should be fine, but always think of the kit as a whole.
R-proc: Fears the enemy with the lowest health, or the second lowest health should the one with the lowest health already have been feared. Fear duration is halfed. Still this is another 1 second fear, on any target this time, but it is there and strong, I guess.

I got no problem with the concept, but I don't think playing against her would be all too fun, so I'd try to change some of that cc into something else, which might be more fun for yourself. Skill-shots, dashes and so on are fun, cc might be fun for the user, but it definitely is not for the enemy!

Having the target that had been targeted by the ult be able to cast one spell only instead of being feared might be more fun (fears are OP and unpredictable). That spell could switch every second for 5 seconds. Sure, this might end up in him not being able to do anything, but it might also end up in him being able to cast almost everything he wanted to cast. Would also fit the insanity stuff.

You could also use this instead of mindlink and have the ult be an ability that makes enemies see an illusion of your champion only. Not far away from your actual point, but further away the further away the closest enemy target is to you. Means they can only target you directly if they are close to you.
Upon activating an ability you would be set off around your actual position again, seeming to teleport for the enemy champions, whereas in fact you'd be somewhere in the middle of those points.

You got plenty of damage without your ult, so don't worry!

Hope I could give you some new ideas

~Nysta

SephirothWontDie

01-22-2013

thank you, the idea of illusions really picks up the mind witch part of this lady, so I will do that. also, be careful when you take about long cc's, fiddlesticks is the longest fear that I know of, and I believe alistar is the king of cc last time I checked. with the tether, its kinda like have veigars stun with you while you move, but single target only. trying to escape will ruin you, but also doing nothing will ruin you. I will the rest of her kit alone, but change the insanity part. thanks again.

Nhan Fiction

01-22-2013

Passive: It's like Brand's Ablaze mechanic. Interesting.

Q: Good.

W: The separate damage for a minion is pointless and counterproductive.

E: Has the most interesting side effect of the regular abilities.

R: Mechanic-wise, the clone thing seems cumbersome and awkward.

Overall, you have some solid ideas here, but I feel that the kit could come together a bit more.

MMHSTerror

02-11-2013

Question for you: Do your additional effects' status affliction have a duration? Like does Warped expire or stay until proc'd

Evaluation Time!

Passive: That's essentially Syndra's passive except applied all the time rather than at max rank. Just bind the additional effects to the abilities and create a new passive.

Q - Sigil of Silence with an action disable pretty much, you should just make it a fear since the effect of fear would be similar to a person driven mad and running about aimlessly.

W - You should just make the whole thing based on the champion damage, there is no benefit to using it on a minion either way since it is single target and weak at this point. Can't really comment on the Tether since a leash range isn't established but it is generally fine. Need more clarity though, like does Tether also apply Mind Link's damage?

E - The DoT is way too long, since this champion was made before Liandry's and BFT I won't really focus on that but Rylai's. Bomb...for a basic ability, that would be pretty OP. Garen's Ultimate barely doubles that and isn't AoE. His ratio to HP lost is only 29% - 40%.

Ultimate - Wha? To actually create this effect, you would have to be stealthed. Also why would it effect all enemy units if it is only a single target? This needs a complete remake or rework

Well from what I've read, I can see that you've really just thrown it together, the abilities are really similar to other champions' and the ultimate was just nonsense in relation to concept of the champion and the name of the ultimate. Not something I can say is well done like your other works.

Bread Crumbs

02-11-2013

Nice concept, ratios are a bit overpowered. The W has 1.2 to 1 scaling which is too much for any single, non-ult, skill. Also, you never told us how long the insanity lasted on her ult D:

Anyway, if you'd be so kind as to briefly go over my champion concept aswell

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post33675971

Here is a simplified version without ratios and such: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3095781

Thanks,

P.S. I'm anxious to see where you go with Nia!