Banned for 2 weeks, I deserve to know why.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dakaa

12-04-2012

i've never received a single report card from all my temp bans.

Dayne McNasty

12-05-2012

Nor have I. I'm just gonna play Dungeon Fighter for a couple weeks.

I believe that the Tribunal is flawed in the sense that the voters are unable to take into consideration what happened during the match. All they are able to judge from is a chat log and a score... but what do I know, I'm the one sitting here unable to play because I overreacted in hopes of a victory for my team, and the person who cost us that game for whatever reason is still playing right now. Funny how that works.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

retaliation is never alright, and as you can see, will get you punished just as easily.

Dayne McNasty

12-05-2012

People handle things differently in different situations. Not everyone is perfectly able to control their temper/behavior. There are also other things that factor into this as well, a few of which being the outcome of previous matches, the behavoir of team mates/opponents in previous matches, having a bad day in real life, etc. I don't just get on the game and start raging at everyone who makes a mistake, but there are some instances where the conditions are right to lose your cool, and after it happens you can't take it back.

I believe that every person on this game , at one time or another, has said something that should have been kept to themselves. It's my nature to point out flaws and try to have them corrected. I don't bash people without merit, nor do I bring utter negativity to matches I participate in. Every game progresses differently, and different things happen in each game. Sometimes there is that one person that is being a total idiot, and despite the entire team and even the enemy teams efforts to assist them, they continue with that imbecilic behavior. The existence of a chat-box, although it shouldn't, somewhat encourages me to voice my opinions on things that are happening, in the hopes that the person who is offending me with their behavior realizes that they are doing something wrong and try to fix it. That doesn't always happen.. then i'm left looking like a dickhead at the end of a battle cause "all you did was rage at -insert champion here-." No one takes into consideration the first 40 minutes of the game where I was attempting to aid them with their problem and they rejected/ignored my assistance. It's whatever, though. The Tribunal has spoken.

I just think I shouldn't have to sit in a game, knowing the game is going to be a loss, and not do anything about it. You people all just say "Don't say anything, just ignore the player and report them at the end of the game." That's 20-50 minutes of enduring someones stupidity just to report them after the game is over with. Sorry but I don't like wasting my time.

PessimiStick

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavíer View Post

I just think I shouldn't have to sit in a game, knowing the game is going to be a loss, and not do anything about it. You people all just say "Don't say anything, just ignore the player and report them at the end of the game." That's 20-50 minutes of enduring someones stupidity just to report them after the game is over with. Sorry but I don't like wasting my time.
Then enjoy your forthcoming permaban.

Dayne McNasty

12-05-2012

Commander Yocko

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavíer View Post
If that's the path i'm heading down, then so be it. I play more games with people who are terribad that ruin my gaming experience than I do games that are enjoyable. So, if anything, Riot would be doing me a favor. I don't understand why this game attracts so many idiotic *******s, but it does. The only reason i've stayed this long is for the rare occurrence of a good game. I play maybe 15-20 games a day and 12 are guaranteed to be troll/feed fests of people arguing and not getting along nor cooperating. So, whatever.
There's a quick couple of fixes for that, find people you know aren't bad and play with them. OR take up a different activity.

Or you could just you know not rage at people. No one likes to be the recipient of anyone's rage or troll comments/actions.

Edit: you deleted your comment....

Dayne McNasty

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Yocko View Post
There's a quick couple of fixes for that, find people you know aren't bad and play with them. OR take up a different activity.

Or you could just you know not rage at people. No one likes to be the recipient of anyone's rage or troll comments/actions.
The argument you are presenting has 2 sides. Just as no one likes to receive any rage or troll comments\ actions, no one likes to be in games where people are trolling, or costing the team the game because they won't take advice, or reject encouragement or assistance. I'm done though, there's no point in trying to justify breaking the rules.

Space Racist

12-06-2012

Your entire account punishment history will form the basis for punishments, automated or not. LeaverBuster is fairly spot on. Bear in mind that it takes more than just 2 leaves to trigger the system - although specifics of what the metrics are are kept secret, you have to consistently leave games on a regular basis or leave multiple games in a row to trigger it. And remember, even if it wasn't your fault your connection was bad or computer kept crashing - you need to realise the negative impact leaving a game has on your team mates. So if you're having ISP or computer issues, stop playing until you're sure they're resolved.