S3 Jungle Gold Starvation Still Exists

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eloquid

01-21-2013

Season 3 is awful in all respects.

BiggerFish

01-21-2013

Still hate it. Double golems in exactly the least convient spot in the world

IS1ea9babe8ac6b7cad8130

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactylogram View Post
bump.

hey riot the patch you implemented helps, but it doesn't help enough. just letting you know.
It seems like an alright buff. The Jan 16th patch increased jungle gold a bit, so that you'll get more if you focus on farming the jungle creeps. At 5 minutes in, if you continuously farmed the jungle, you have nearly 200 more gold than before the patch, and the difference only increases later on (as seen in the chart of tested gold income).
Granted, later in the game the laners will be taking camps, but at least the jungler will have a bit more gold in early game, before that starts happening. And even then, the jungler will still get some more gold: they may not be making full use of the gold increase, but as long as the laners don't take all the jungle camps, the jungler can still enjoy some of the buffed gold even in later game, no?

Maeyu

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
I'd like to wait a bit before jumping to any conclusions just yet.

It's extremely difficult to gauge potential optimal jungler gold because:

1) success in the jungle varies drastically depending on the game

2) the current "meta" still caters farm toward laners

For example, junglers are almost always the top gold in the game for the first 5 minutes due to the sigil buffs, but due to the current meta they lose access to that gold source very quickly (after the first clear).

Additionally, it's still normal practice for laners to poach stuff from their jungler (though it has become more difficult to do so). Do you ever wonder why players refer to lane poaching as a jungle "tax" (negative connotation) while on the other hand mid taking wraiths is something that is normal / acceptable?

Junglers are still expected to support the map rather than make the best decision for themselves at any given moment during the course of the game. I mean you guys kind of summed it up as "...after 11 minutes...nobody really lets you farm the jungle."

My point is the way we are used to playing the game tends to push junglers towards being poor and feeling like a "support."

Let's also be clear, I don't think it's a reasonable expectation for us to allow junglers to just circle clear for 25 minutes and then suddenly come out and crush everyone. A jungler should be rewarded for balancing all the choices in front of them and consistently making the best choices.

So in sum, I'd like to wait and see if there are legitimate strategies where the jungler is allowed to be more selfish and succeed. If it turns out we got the gold values wrong and the goals aren't being met, then we'll look to fix it, but I think we need to at least make a concerted effort to see the different possibilities.
As a main jungler.. I'm never starved in it.. I however rely on ganks.. if my team doesn't do that (Which doesn't happen ALL the time.. just a lot the past few days from kids trying new annie look etc) but otherwise if you're pure jungling.. the gold is bad.. very very bad.

Dactylogram

11-16-2013

Hey riot. Guess what. You're not fixing any of these issues in s4.