S3 Jungle Gold Starvation Still Exists

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkTundras

Master Recruiter

01-01-2013

People just want to maek the jungle a BIG freaking deal and have it be a game changer, if the jungler is on par with the rest of the lanes, dont you think a gank which usually consists of a 2 v 1 or 3 v 2 situation to be an advantage in itself? ppl just rely too much on S2 junglers

Dactylogram

01-01-2013

I'm not sure if you are stating that you think the current jungle is fine or if it needs fixes, but I want to say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTundras View Post
, if the jungler is on par with the rest of the lanes, ...
Right now junglers are weaker than the laning counterparts. In the early game the experience is the same and the gold difference isn't very noticeable. By the time the jungler goes through second/third clears Gold differences become noticeable. By the time its 10 mins in and you're in early-mid game transition (entering the mid game that is) junglers are not the same level as mid laners or top laners (unless jungler is really fed). By the time people are in the mid game fully a clear level difference and gold difference is discernible.

ValkyrionX

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD2 View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree.

It sounds like you want to have 15 minutes of farming a computer but you have to interact with your team. And passive farming is the opposite of what riot wants.
Your statement clearly show that you are a player type who can't win your lane unless you get a gank. Better learn how to win your lane without gank.

Dactylogram

01-01-2013

Bump. I'm still waiting for Riot to actually give us an update on the situation.

Aerobrake

01-01-2013

Quote:
Like what? It seems like there is a bit of diversity. Gank bot lane, Gank Top lane or Gank mid lane.
LOL That is not diversity. Reading through the comments again, I have to agree with people. You really are one of those people in game that blames everything on jungler and complains that they don't help laners enough.

AlexDnD2

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerobrake View Post
LOL That is not diversity. Reading through the comments again, I have to agree with people. You really are one of those people in game that blames everything on jungler and complains that they don't help laners enough.
Good junglers gank. That's just a fact.

In fact the main people arguing in this thread AGREE with me. Their argument is that the jungle HAS to gank or fall behind. So that means under the current system if the jungle isn't ganking they aren't doing their job...

Undtoromeso

01-01-2013

Quote:
Good junglers react to potential plays. It's entirely possible to have a game where a gank would not give your team any advantage whatsoever. It's not likely. A good jungler in that situation would find some other way to make use of their through other things, counter jungling/ganking, dragon, etc.

Quote:
In fact the main people arguing in this thread AGREE with me. Their argument is that the jungle HAS to gank or fall behind. So that means under the current system if the jungle isn't ganking they aren't doing their job...
In any system the jungler's usefulness falls off no matter what. The problem is where you're at around 10-15 minutes. Buff & dragon control is lost/permanently gained due to either winning all lanes and forcing enemies into a hard defensive position or losing all lanes and having to recover together as a team.

The problem currently is that dying in a lane means you can go back next wave and keep up in experience and gold, junglers have to keep a rigid schedule just to maintain experience and gold equal to support levels. Ganks and kills are the only way to sufficiently pass the base-ambient gold that supports use. Without that bonus money they are completely unable impact games with support-type gp10 gear unless they have a pure utility kit like Amumu.

Dactylogram

01-01-2013

Quote:
Of course. This is correct.
Quote:
I don't agree with you at all, and judging by the downvotes on some of your prior posts, I'd say a lot of others disagree with you as well. It is not our job to only gank, gank, and gank. We have other jobs as well, and season 2 made those aspects of jungling unviable. Riot said that in season 3 they would be bringing back those roles, but instead they haven't brought those roles back. Riot has only made the reliance on ganking (in order to secure a steady income) that much more important, which is upsetting to many junglers including myself.

And it is because of that reason I decided to revive this thread in the first place, and it is the reason I'm still waiting for Riot to answer this thread, in one way or another.

shadowhunter777

01-08-2013

Jungler is my main position in a 5v5. Even when I go crazy and gank all the time my gold level just isn't there. I had 12 kills in one game as shaco and still barely had more gold then our support who had 0 kills. You may say, " just get GPS items" but the problem is, gold is so hard to get, by the time you get one or two GPS items, you just don't have enough gold to get the essential items you need and are to weak to be helpful to you team. I think a gold increase on jungle monsters is needed. Or, they need to make the spirit stone give GPS or ""make it give extra gold after killing a Jungle monster.""

Dactylogram

01-21-2013

bump.

hey riot the patch you implemented helps, but it doesn't help enough. just letting you know.