S3 Jungle Gold Starvation Still Exists

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlexDnD2

12-04-2012

Go gank... who the F wants to play farmville in their own jungle without an enemy NPC?

Fanderey

12-04-2012

If the gold is about the same for the first half of the game, then junglers are definitely worse off because the increased difficulty/health of the jungle mobs makes ganking less likely to be successful. Sure, characters like Riven might be able to have a little more gold by late game (or catch up better after a bad start) but if she can't get ganks and gold early-on, she ends up being dead weight for too much of the game.

I understand the desire to take pressure off the lanes for the first few levels, but it's not fun to feel behind, and jungling should be fun! If the jungler is almost always weaker in the early-game, maybe we'll be the ones getting ganked by laners ><

Letkhar

12-04-2012

Yup.

Farm all day for the exact same farm, except now you can't rely on as much gold from ganks. Not to mention you're wasting almost 2K gold on stats that are basically only helpful for killing monsters.

As soon as the jungle creeps become worth more than they did under the old system the rest of your team is farming them anyway.

BoltAktion

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
Yup.

Farm all day for the exact same farm, except now you can't rely on as much gold from ganks. Not to mention you're wasting almost 2K gold on stats that are basically only helpful for killing monsters.

As soon as the jungle creeps become worth more than they did under the old system the rest of your team is farming them anyway.
Pretty much sums it all up.

riot pls.

Garotten

12-04-2012

My personal experience is that not only you still get goldstarved.. but that if your ganks fail you also get madly exp starved >_> many games my lvl was lower than the support for most of the early mid game... and that sucked.

Then again I'm a pretty bad jungler so I might have been doing things wrong

kthnxbai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-04-2012

i know a lot of people bought the "we are reworking the jungle" nonsense that riot put out but you do realize that they just wanted to nerf jungling right? it was the most influential role in the early game.

also, i think the golem stone upgrade is the only one worth getting...

TT Dreadnaught

12-04-2012

Buy gaiz, Most high end riot devs play mid. They just want more wraith gold amiright morello ^^

Xengre

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purelybetter View Post
It's been one day.
It's a matter of math... amount of time to trial it is irrelevant. Sure it may scale better into late game... but the main issue which they were attempting to fix was the lack of gold early game. It was either gank hard and succeed or go home. Unfortunately, total gold earned seems to be somewhat lower (after the period you get HoG in S2 definitely).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
Early clears will give about the same amount of gold, but it scales far better than before.
This is not true. It is nearly even until the point you would have HoG normally in S2 and potentially just before it. It actually hurts faster junglers quite a bit... but alleviates some of the pain for slower junglers due to ambient gold increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanderey View Post
If the gold is about the same for the first half of the game, then junglers are definitely worse off because the increased difficulty/health of the jungle mobs makes ganking less likely to be successful. Sure, characters like Riven might be able to have a little more gold by late game (or catch up better after a bad start) but if she can't get ganks and gold early-on, she ends up being dead weight for too much of the game.

I understand the desire to take pressure off the lanes for the first few levels, but it's not fun to feel behind, and jungling should be fun! If the jungler is almost always weaker in the early-game, maybe we'll be the ones getting ganked by laners ><
This is relevant as well... so you have a harder time to gank and even if you ONLY farmed CS you would generally come out with less gold by say... 15 minutes of pure jungle farming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthnxbai View Post
i know a lot of people bought the "we are reworking the jungle" nonsense that riot put out but you do realize that they just wanted to nerf jungling right? it was the most influential role in the early game.

also, i think the golem stone upgrade is the only one worth getting...
This is true and the sad part is it really doesn't hurt the ones it was supposed too (Lee Sin, and some others) since they are so strong at either sustaining or clearing. Not to mention the addition of bonus base MS meaning all the more reason to run something else in jungle.

As for the golem stone... I don't like any of them much atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dreadnaught View Post
Buy gaiz, Most high end riot devs play mid. They just want more wraith gold amiright morello ^^
Only played one game with Morello, don't think he was mid since I was. He went Teemo =p (clearly to act as aggro bait) if my memory serves me correctly.

Hah

12-04-2012

riot has already addressed this.

You realize the patch has been out way, way, way long ago so you aren't the first to realize?

lane gold has decreased. If you keep jungle gold the same, guess what, you are ending up with more gold!

Xengre

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfyPanda View Post
riot has already addressed this.

You realize the patch has been out way, way, way long ago so you aren't the first to realize?

lane gold has decreased. If you keep jungle gold the same, guess what, you are ending up with more gold!
Not entirely accurate... lane gold did decrease by like 4 (might have been 3... don't rem for certain atm). Global ambient gold went up. Thus... laners actually saw a gold increase unless you are mid and farming jungle (potentially bot blue or top purple) where the increase is even more significant. Junglers saw an overall kinda beefy nerf.