S3 Jungle Gold Starvation Still Exists

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Primanocte

12-05-2012

I like goooooolllllld!

Derivator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

The early game gold income is still terrible for the jungler, I honestly feel richer playing as a support right now.

The gold increases as the game progresses, but the jungle (and lanes too) are also progressively becoming everyone's property. Not to mention you quickly lose access to your buffs.

I think the total gold gain from the new jungle breaks even with the S2 jungle around the 11 minute mark, and that leaves you a very small window to get a decent gold income. In my opinion this window whould be bigger.

Xyltin

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derivator View Post
The early game gold income is still terrible for the jungler, I honestly feel richer playing as a support right now.

The gold increases as the game progresses, but the jungle (and lanes too) are also progressively becoming everyone's property. Not to mention you quickly lose access to your buffs.

I think the total gold gain from the new jungle breaks even with the S2 jungle around the 11 minute mark, and that leaves you a very small window to get a decent gold income. In my opinion this should be changed drastically.
It breaks even at 11 minutes with Shyvana if you use the wrong runs, masteries and probably items.

It is more like 10 minutes for her.
And with some other junglers (especially singlet target ones), they get equal at around 8 minutes.
And that without adding the extra 3g/10.

Absowute

12-05-2012

I played a game where my 3-0-6 maokai with 100 cs got out gold by a 1-2-7 soraka with 0 cs, this would have never happened earlier and it was a 22 min surrender so gp5 werent even rolling on soraka she rushed the sight and weird promote banner l0l then a gp5

Xenîth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

I find it much more depressing in the jungle. Since monsters hit harder, it's very hard to survive at red or blue with some junglers.

Which translates to more pots
Which translates to more money spent
which translates to more time going B
which translates to less exp overall.

zeroempathy

12-05-2012

As a jungle main, I don't mind the changes. Yes, its a bit slower but the itemization allowed me to bring out some old jungle characters I didn't play last season. Word son

Phykos

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finanzamt View Post
@Statikk:

I find it kind of odd, that Riot mentioned the new variety of items that "everyone" is able to get, yet you force jungler into one specific item, if they want to do well.

Some guy mentioned a very nice idea regarding the Machete:

(maybe some xp bonus too - I watched SaintVicious last night and he was xp starved as Shyvana ... one of the fastest junglers...)

With this passive the Machete would at least pay of after some time.
In addition you have to chose more carefully between ganking and farming your jungle.
And last but not least - only the jungler would benefit ... but he was forced to buy the Machete after all.

Greetings

It's really hard to word this in a respectful way, but I'll give it a shot. You do know that Machete upgrades into multiple different jungle themed items right? Please tell me you're not keeping a machete throughout the game. And don't you dare say the old meta didn't have 1 start off, it did, armor and potions. Armor only ever went into defensive themed items. There are multiple, very different, Machete upgrades and not all of them are super defensive based. I know there's been a lot of changes, and it might be easy to overlook some options, but the new shop provides you with each build path from the Machete. There's not really a good excuse for you missing this.

Shykin

12-05-2012

It's a flat gold reduction, early gold is reduced and more of it goes towards items in order to jungle. That in tandem with lane clears worth marginally more until much later at which point my lanes are eating the jungle and therefore removing my ability to stay in the jungle to farm makes it a more gold starved jungle than before, not less.

In addition to removal of standard GP5 (Heart of Gold and philo removal/nerf) also affect me as they were both very powerful for gold generation for a jungle. If this is intended as a flat jungle nerf then fine but your intention of letting carries see jungle potential is not going to happen as is. It can't, it's just not viable.

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/a...ungle-gold.png

Absowute

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroempathy View Post
As a jungle main, I don't mind the changes. Yes, its a bit slower but the itemization allowed me to bring out some old jungle characters I didn't play last season. Word son
everything that was viable last season still is. Things that were bad didn't magically get better lol

King Kashue

12-05-2012

Double top is more effective now just because towers have less hp and that means you can put more pressure on them and possibly down them easier if they go with only one top. Only try this with a full 5 man premade though as some people might not agree with trying something new.