S3 Jungle Gold Starvation Still Exists

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xengre

12-04-2012

From looking at the patch notes it appears that the gold starvation for farming jungle vs ganking has not been resolved. Based on the numbers provided a full clear will actually yield slightly LESS gold then in S2. This is slightly offset by the global ambient gold generated, but honestly... not by much.

If I am not mistaken junglers will still be gold deprived unless they spend most of their time ganking since farming jungle simply won't let them keep pace... something Riot claimed to try and fix with these jungle changes. To further the concern Heart of Gold (a staple jungler item) has been removed... and is, honestly, the core reason for the ambient gold increase.

I would love to see people's opinions on the issue, especially Statik and Reds. Perhaps I am wrong? Come at me logic!

Edit: Too elaborate

In short... Here is my problem: Junglers will need to gank even more now due to jungle changes in order to keep pace or suffer falling behind, but ganking is now even more difficult then it was before due to stronger jungle creeps and less sustain. Those that succeed since they really have to in order to perform will still decide lanes as this issue has not changed and those who fail will just fall miserably behind along with potentially their team's lanes that fall to ganks. Junglers that were dominant at destroying lanes through potent ganks early game will still be relatively unaffected by this change (Lee Sin is a great example) and thus the core problem persists but further limits champion jungle options. Ganking should help give the lanes you gank a serious advantage and pressure to the enemy in that lane. Farming jungle instead of ganking should generate considerable gold if you are not going to gank to give your team (multiple players) a distinct advantage. Simply put... there is currently no existing reason not to focus almost solely on ganking with the occasional side farm.

Xengre

12-04-2012

bump

Xengre

12-04-2012

Any thoughts on the subject?

PotatoIift

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

It's been one day.

mambawarrior0

12-04-2012

Early clears will give about the same amount of gold, but it scales far better than before.

TheHatPerson

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purelybetter View Post
It's been one day.
and? in 2-3 games we can see that we are lacking golds compared to our teamates

Hitro

12-04-2012

would love to see the math

TheHatPerson

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
Early clears will give about the same amount of gold, but it scales far better than before.
yeah sure it scales, but your whole team will be taking the jungle by the time it has scaled decently

NotBuzzJack

12-04-2012

Stonewall already demonstrated this. Gold values are only higher than S2 after 11 minutes, at which point nobody really lets you farm the jungle.

RokudoKou

12-04-2012

Since you invest about 800g in jungle only items (Spirit stone / maldreds) with reaaaally low overrall stats, You will still be gold starved since one slot is taken just to jungle. Just as 1 slot of the support is taken to ward, but you have less utility...

Think it up