Can a person get banned for being depressing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masakan

12-08-2012

Not even a jerk or an ******* or rage worthy just...a downer.

Just curious.

ClearSkyss

12-08-2012

you can be banned for telling someone to improve their gameplay. Tribunal is UTTER SHT

WhiteMriswith

12-08-2012

I suppose someone could argue that it is a case of "negative attitude" but I doubt anyone would seriously vote to punish that person.

Great Pyrenees

12-08-2012

Depends on what they say. If they are rude then yes, if they are not rude then no. The smell test is "were they a jerk?" If not then probably not a punish. Then again if your depressed dont play in ranked because a permaban is really depressing =)

Me Chinese 051

12-08-2012

I got banned for telling my teammates

" we are doing 4v5, just surrender @ 20"
zed :" I can carry"
"their rammus taunt and swain root , u done"
" you got kills by coming late. ourr other teammates averagely have 6+ assists and u got 1 assists."

zed: " what a downer , reported"

gg.

if anyone ever said somthing like " just surrender at 20 min" " jungle karth, gg" "we cant win" " it's a waste of time"

hit the punish. that's what ppl got banned for now.

Lord Poet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakan View Post
Not even a jerk or an ******* or rage worthy just...a downer.

Just curious.
That depends... was the person playing Amumu?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-08-2012

I auto-punish people who play Amumu.

Silent Haven85

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearSkyss View Post
you can be banned for telling someone to improve their gameplay. Tribunal is UTTER SHT
Who are you to judge other people's game play? Even if they are not as skilled as you it does not give you the right to rage at them and berate them. Keep in mind some people are only casual gamers, they do not "power game" things and go for the "optimal" game play, they also do not play hours on end like some people.

Riot has noticed how much of a bad habit berating newer or casual players as become and have taken steps to fix things. Better yet, they are putting it in our hands to decide what is worth banning or not. If you do not want to end up reported or banned, then just do not say anything negative, its not hard. If you find not being negative difficult, then maybe online multi-player games are not for you.

Zielmann

12-08-2012

My experience from judging cases is that people typically aren't punished solely for having a negative attitude in their games, but I feel like they might take it into account if they see some other negative behavior in there as well.

Personally, I find general negativity in chat to be almost as bad as raging. It can be just as damaging to team morale in my opinion. These are actually cases where I'm inclined to still vote punish, even though I know that the player will more-than-likely be pardoned.

Great Pyrenees

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
I auto-punish people who play Amumu.
lol