Swain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aceroar

12-04-2012

So i have been wondering why swain is not a more popular pick mid lane? He is one of my favorite characters, and i admit i am not the best player in the world. Only done 2 ranked placement games after all.

But so far in both my placement matches he seemed like a very powerful pick. Can anyone answer this for me? I would really hate to pick swain again and totally mess over my team because he actually has some serious problems with his kit or whatnot.

thanks.

SSWCapa

10-25-2013

World championship 2013 lols. That's why

~Power to the necro

Fiveofswords

10-25-2013

it doesn't really matter what champs you play. But idk why you like swain. He seems pretty flat.

Voyles

10-25-2013

Swain is 93rd most picked out of 116 champs. He currently has a 52% win rate.

He is a good pick against Ahri, Gragas, and Ryze who are popular now. He is horrible against Cass, Viktor, and Galio who aren't that popular now except that Viktor might be getting some popularity with the new skin. Also, Morde and Annie can make short work of Swain.

He isn't a bad champion. If he works for you, keep playing him.

I've been playing Galio mid a lot lately and have been wondering why people don't pick him more since he does counter about all AP mids. It's only when you get an AD mid like Talon that Galio really comes up short. This is also why I don't get why people play Galio supp when he is in lane against an ADC and Galio scales off MR.

People's skill with a certain champ can negate a lot of the deficits of being countered. I have also noticed that in Bronze, counters really don't mean much.

TERRORIST WlNS

10-25-2013

I guess he fell off the meta. It's mostly assassin/mobile mid like fizz, kass, zed, (any1 consider ahri an assassin?), and Ori etc. No one goes tanky mid like cho,swain,(sometimes ryze if he is going against fizz for counter)anyways its pretty much fizz,kass,ahri,zed,Ori, and maybe gragas because people think they can be faker lololol

USD Janek

10-25-2013

People's main problem with Swain is that he is too easily stopped. Lane bullies with mobility destroy him pre-6 and after 6 all you need is an ignite to negate his healing. I like to play swain, but he isn't more popular because of this.

Whoa There Betsy

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveofswords View Post
it doesn't really matter what champs you play. But idk why you like swain. He seems pretty flat.
Your mom is pretty flat.

Crabby

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
This is also why I don't get why people play Galio supp when he is in lane against an ADC and Galio scales off MR.
Because he has good poke, good peel, tools to help the adc win trades, sustain for himself so he can bodyblock skillshots, scales particularly well with support items, has a deadly post 6 and scales well into late game?

Just sayin'.

Voyles

10-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by her0nz View Post
Because he has good poke, good peel, tools to help the adc win trades, sustain for himself so he can bodyblock skillshots, scales particularly well with support items, has a deadly post 6 and scales well into late game?

Just sayin'.
I do play Galio, 11-3 this week with him in ranked, but just as mid. With supports, I usually go Sona, Janna, or Thresh. His poke and peel kills minions. The sustain, Bulwark, only works when shielding an ally champion, which is not bodyblocking for your ally. The sustain only restores Galio's health each time that champion suffers damage. Bulwark doesn't work on ally minions. So, once again, I don't see him being useful as a support when the only thing you can do for your ADC is to give the ADC an increase in armor and MR, which Janna can do better.

This thread is about Swain though. I have tried him, but he doesn't work for me.