New Patch, New Meta! Challenge me if you dare ...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

12-05-2012

Yes I see exactly what your saying with your Pantheon jungle, Panth is a shut down jungler dps. Today I jungled WW verses Olaf and despite my killing him 3 times early game I went tank and he went dps and when we met in end game he dominated me. I think I am done going Tank in games now because even with full Def runes and Masteries my tanks are getting hulk smashed!

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
Point 1) On Udyr I went 100% utility and without a leash i finished my side in 3:55. With the extra gold buy a Oracles first!! If everyone buys sightstone you will be SOOO rich. Btw at 3:55 I already ganked mid and was deciding on top or bot next =).
Oracle costs 250, and it only lasts 5 minutes at most now.

Also, 4 minutes into the game, most likely the enemy will not have sightstone just yet, and ward kill only award 10golds now, making it much less require on oracle unless you clearly want to do objectives (dragon and baron) in a row

Great Pyrenees

12-05-2012

Thats wierd cause I paid 400G for a oracles last game lol. But when I jungle I always buy oracles becasue it takes the burden off of the support. And since I am tankier I try to live in team fights =)

UknowsI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
The defense tree is important for early game too. I tryed to jungle as Malphite with marks, seals and quint armors and zero points in masteries, and I died for blue (it was just a test in custom game). So it seems that without masteries we won't be able to jungle.
The 2 damage reduction and bladed armour make a big difference for jungling, however, the last tiers in the defence tree are more about late game. I would always put 5-9 points in the defence tree, but 21 points might not be necessary.

As for oracles, I also thought they would cost 250 gold, but I just bought some in game and they are definitely still 400 gold even though they only last for 5 minutes. There seems to be some bugs with the new items. For example, the cooldown for gaining mana from archangel's staff isn't working either. Even though it shows a 3 second timer, you still gain mana if you cast more spells.

Elier

12-05-2012

The points in defense might be necessary for tanks, but other junglers with built in sustain/damage, say nocturne, olaf, warwick, lee sin, etc... don't really need them.

Although they surely benefit from having them, they also benefit from offense and utility. In the end is about how you play your champion.

Great Pyrenees

12-05-2012

Yea I feel ya Elier. But man my tanky champs are taking a beating. We will give it some time but I got a feeling Riot is aiming at faster games. Tanks just feel lack luster I have not got a single full build on a tank yet this season.

MorikTheMad

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Oracle costs 250, and it only lasts 5 minutes at most now.

Also, 4 minutes into the game, most likely the enemy will not have sightstone just yet, and ward kill only award 10golds now, making it much less require on oracle unless you clearly want to do objectives (dragon and baron) in a row
Its the explorer's ward (or whatever its called), the 60 second one from utility tree, which grants only 10 gold.

At least, I think so... I was playing support, and was killing wards with pinks. First one gave 10g, and I think it was their 60sec one.

Every ward I killed after that gave 25g.

Elier

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
Yea I feel ya Elier. But man my tanky champs are taking a beating. We will give it some time but I got a feeling Riot is aiming at faster games. Tanks just feel lack luster I have not got a single full build on a tank yet this season.
hmm maybe the new jungle is more dps oriented, with the monsters having more HP tanks will have a hard time clearing them fast enough...

Tweekex

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiteChickens View Post
I really think Varus will become more popular now that Hurricane lets him throw stacks of Blighted Quiver on 3 things at once... it seems broken it's so good!
Oh how everyone forgets about the rat..

Great Pyrenees

12-05-2012

I havent forgotten twitch at all. It is wierd this OP has not turned out the way I had hoped. Does anyone have any meta ideas for team compositions? I enjoy looking at different team compositions =).