Non-English Speakers in NA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OreIsan

12-04-2012

This is honestly the most frustrating flaw in this game. You can't win a game of LOL unless your team works together and can communicate, unless you get lucky. And when all people know in English is what and help and F you it does nothing for the team.

I just played a game with an 0/11 amumu who didnt speak english at all, wouldnt communicate and flamed us the whole game.

Vahlemon

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreIsan View Post
I just played a game with an 0/11 amumu who didnt speak english at all, wouldnt communicate and flamed us the whole game.
So you understood him and didn't bother trying to communicate?

Anyways, While it might be annoying, most of the communication can be done with Pings, which don't require much understanding of foreign Languages.

OreIsan

12-04-2012

No lol.... I speak some spanish and I tried to communicate with him, he wouldn't.

I did ping and my team did and he would tell us to **** off. Super helpful.

Rifat

12-04-2012

I really feel the same way sometimes. Just sad.

DaCustodian

12-05-2012

So tired of people who don't speak english. It's even worse because in the champion select, they'll autolock and refuse to try to create a viable team comp. Then they'll try to communicate in their broken to nonsensical english and people will spend more time trying to understand what the meant than playing the game. The worst part is that if they don't get what they want, they'll just curse at you in their own language.

I've alt-tabbed just to look up some of the colorful things my teammates have said in chat and it's ridiculous at the sheer amount of people who don't speak english but are playing on the NA server. And it's people of all races: Chinese, Quebecqians, Mexicans, Brazilians, Koreans etc. I'm not attacking any one culture, but seriously. It's important to learn at least some of the dominant language in any country or setting.

If you move to another country where they speak another language, common sense dictates that you try to learn SOME so you can communicate with natives and show respect for where you are. If I were to play on the EU server, most people are bi or tri lingual because of the many languages in Europe. Why can't people in NA do the same? It's really frustrating for people who want to succeed, especially in ranked, but can't communicate effectively with their teammates.

Not only is it frustrating, but it also perpetuates stereotypes about other cultures and only increases negative feelings among the LOL community towards those people. I can honestly say that there are at least 50+ posts in the GD about people who don't speak english and treatment on both sides. This is a real problem that needs to be fixed. Not only is it the job of the people who don't speak english, it's also the job of people like us to not rage and escalate the situation by yelling at each other.

Señor Blanco

Recruiter

12-05-2012

Did you forget that Mexico is part of North America, and French is one of Canada's two official languages? Perhaps you could learn some key phrases in Spanish & French so you can communicate with a larger portion of the North American population.

English is common, but it's unreasonable to expect everyone to speak it in a region where it's just one of many common languages.

Corrupted Sin

12-05-2012

I do agree with senor but tbh most of the canadians ik dont speak french and I live in canada

OreIsan

12-05-2012

Quebec is very different region of Canada and their french is very different than people who live in France.

And as someone suggested I do know some phrases in spanish and i can sort of understand, and I speak French. It is mainly the people who do not communicate at all flame in english and cuss in whatever language they know. I think it's cool being able to play with other language speakers I just wish the jerk ones would atleast try if I try to communicate in their language.

Maverick71

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiCheeberson View Post
So tired of people who don't speak english. It's even worse because in the champion select, they'll autolock and refuse to try to create a viable team comp. Then they'll try to communicate in their broken to nonsensical english and people will spend more time trying to understand what the meant than playing the game. The worst part is that if they don't get what they want, they'll just curse at you in their own language.

I've alt-tabbed just to look up some of the colorful things my teammates have said in chat and it's ridiculous at the sheer amount of people who don't speak english but are playing on the NA server. And it's people of all races: Chinese, Quebecqians, Mexicans, Brazilians, Koreans etc. I'm not attacking any one culture, but seriously. It's important to learn at least some of the dominant language in any country or setting.

If you move to another country where they speak another language, common sense dictates that you try to learn SOME so you can communicate with natives and show respect for where you are. If I were to play on the EU server, most people are bi or tri lingual because of the many languages in Europe. Why can't people in NA do the same? It's really frustrating for people who want to succeed, especially in ranked, but can't communicate effectively with their teammates.

Not only is it frustrating, but it also perpetuates stereotypes about other cultures and only increases negative feelings among the LOL community towards those people. I can honestly say that there are at least 50+ posts in the GD about people who don't speak english and treatment on both sides. This is a real problem that needs to be fixed. Not only is it the job of the people who don't speak english, it's also the job of people like us to not rage and escalate the situation by yelling at each other.
Hmm I'm level 24 in the NA server and I've only seen Brazilians in one single game since I started playing here. I think the br server solved that problem so that's a good thing. I just left a game because the team wouldn't communicate at all, the worst teamwork I've ever seen yet no one would say a word when I tried to get things organized. Not only did no one reply to me, but I still got my lane pushed, lane partner denied me nearly all cs and whoever initiated a fight was left to die.

I'm south american myself but I play in the NA server because in general the players' attitude is better than in the brazilian and european servers, and I absolutely hate the translated version of the game with the different voices and stuff. If servers were restricted to specific regions I'd just quit the game. I don't like playing with most south americans and it's not about being racist (that would be ridiculous), but so many of them seem to have a thing against foreigners or english speakers and they sometimes end up dividing the team and ignoring who's speaking english even if they can understand it. I also see this attitude in the champion select screen, where they ignore people when they want to pick a lane. I'm fairly sure the vast majority of them knows what mid, bot or top means so what's the excuse?

For any south americans who read this, let's start being respectful and at least try to cooperate and behave properly in game. Threads like this shouldn't even be necessary, we have what, 3 most common languages here in the NA server? In europe I don't remember having this sort of issue, people can cooperate regardless of their language (as someone said, it's enough to give a warning or target someone). For the record, I've seen a lot of nice, friendly south american players as well. As for other nationalities, I've rarely seen a russian or chinese but it was never a problem.

CinnamonxBunnz

12-05-2012

this game looks so bad now like horrible bad they ruined what used to be LoL