Very Slow Patching

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheNova24

12-04-2012

This seems to happen to me almost every time LoL has a new update. My in game ping is fine usually running around 70-80, but my update times and the download of the actual game are terrible. Is this due to the LoL servers? My internet connection is cable and the fastest my town provides which is roughly at 6mbs but when I'm updating or downloading the game I only download at around 200kbs and sometimes as slow as 20kbs. Anyone have any clue as of why? I only have this problem with LoL, my xbox live runs fine with no lag and I download things off the web with awesome speed, it's just LoL for some reason. Also occasionally in game I have problems with my connection being fine yet I'll be attempting to reconnect. Anyone care to help me out?

Shibley

12-04-2012

I have same problem and posted similar post. I am still waiting on replies. It really sucks waiting hours for a 300Mb patch

Moms Spaghetti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

same with me. I normally download at 1.2-1.5 Mbps but right now im downloading this patch at 20-50 kbps -_-

Wreckings

12-04-2012

Try checking your firewall settings, port forwards to LoL servers, and the stability of your internet through your ISP (check if they're having any internal issues that would hinder your speeds)

Moms Spaghetti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

This is the first patch that has downloaded slowly for me. I port forwarded LoL a long time ago and my ISP isn't having any problems because I can download everything else just as fast as usual

Noschke

12-04-2012

Stuck in the same boat - usually patches download at around 200 kbps but this one is loading at around 25 kbps.

My internet is fine and everything is working as usual other than the patch.

TheNova24

12-05-2012

I have windows firewall off, it's just odd that everything else downloads with reasonable speed yet lol always seems to be lacking, and I can't stand when I'll be attempting to reconnect in the middle of a match yet still have great ping and internet connection.