IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MightyMaose

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitingpig View Post
[b
Analysis:
IWillDominate has consistently engaged in behavior which violates the letter and spirit of the Summoner’s Code.

His persistent tendency to engage in verbal abuse and insults, his lack of cordial demeanor, and his treatment of less-skilled players is unacceptable for any player, especially a high-profile professional player who has a regular opportunity to lead the community by example.
this letter has actually motivated me to be more tolerant of the less skilled players, not because i could be banned, since i already have been warned and banned before, yet still i go on tirades every once in a while due to players lack of understanding of the game...but simply for some reason this just made me realize how nonsensical it is to be so upset over it, so from this day on i will strive to be a lot more reasonable and polite in my games...that's if i don't get banned again for the things that have been going on in the last couple of weeks lol

Faust˙

12-04-2012

This is excellent. Public sports figures if they want to be taken seriously have to act professionally.

Well done Riot this is good for E Sports that you are taking it so seriously and helping to promote the E Sports in the Future.

KimcheeTemper

12-04-2012

For those who think he shouldn't be banned. How many more warnings and sent to tribunal is required until its right for him to be legitimately be banned? Apparently 9 times is not enough. 9 warnings is not enough to get it through IWillDominate's head to tone down his behavior or to stop. He got sent to tribunal for a reason. Many people do not appreciate his behavior. That's why he showed up in the trinunal. Pretty sure you guys rage and make people feel bad, people rage at you and either make you feel bad or very angry. Just putting them on ignore doesn't stop them. You pretty much pass them onto other people who have to suffer that person's toxic behavior. I like to see other pro players who were sent to the tribunal 9 times like IWillDominate did.

StarOcean

12-04-2012

I can just picture it now...
A bunch of people making new accounts and claiming to be IWillDominate. They will precede to troll and Woop-de-Doo!~

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFxFireBlaze View Post
I don't even begin to understand this community, I hope Riot enjoys crippling a team like Dignitas who invest money in making your game larger.

Could you even imagine if the NHL, NBA, NFL, or MLB started year long bans for things like swearing, I wouldn't support them and I certainly won't support Riot.

I feel sorry that Riot was blessed with such a great opportunity for e-sports but instead decided to take this approach. The only thing I am in favor of banning for is racism, or cheating. Much like we saw at the WC and Riot had a lackluster response to.
Problem? http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2214754

There are ALL kinds of suspensions all over the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and those are like 1 Comment = 3 Games. So...do the math.

Asko

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marven345 View Post
What a public execution....

You could've banned the man, but did you really have to post this on the front page of GD?
They would have had to make this thread later anyway with all the 'IWD banned scumbag Riot' threads with rumors and disinformation flooding GD. It is good that they reacted before that mess happened.

FargoneMyth

12-04-2012

I say this piece of **** deserved what he got. The fact that he's been put on the rack for all of us to see just makes it sweeter.

Fukaro

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooberTheDog View Post
"Dont call people out in the forums"
"Against summoners code"

then posts his account name AND his real name.

Have you no shame? Banning his main and his smurfs, because "we got together and decided to"?

How can people think you are the good guys. You treat people like dirt.
IWDominate is dirt though. Anyone being banned 8 times and still continuing has issues.
although i can see why this might have been unnecessary. But IWDominate brought it on himself :/.

McGooferson

Senior Recruiter

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalze View Post
I don't see anything remotely close to a "humiliation" or a public execution, again, please explain how is this different than anything else pro athletes go through.

Humiliation would be if they showed the reports, highlighting the toxicity he showed in every game, simply informing the community of a decision is far from "humiliation".
Actually, that would be proof this happened... Right now we only have the fact he's been in tribunal 8 times before this.... I wonder how many people just report every pro they play with cause they're jelly?

Bruiser IRL

12-04-2012

50% of tribunal cases are punished is a lie. On my record I have like 100 cases with roughly 90% punish.