IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shlutz

12-04-2012

Quote:
In addition, all other existing known accounts used by IWillDominate are permanently banned.
People have been complaining that Riot's been unfair by turning a blind eye towards the pros...but now it seems they're being unfair on the other end. Only the account reported should be banned, don't see why all his smurfs should be banned too.

Quickpaw0

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
The whole point of this thread is that IWD's ban isn't like any other player's ban. When we get permabanned, we can make a new account and go back to what we were doing, hopefully minus the misbehavior, but probably not. IWD can't go back to what he was doing (playing professionally), and what I want to know is, did he know that was a potential consequence of getting permabanned?

I agree he deserves the permaban. That's not the point.
As far as I know, there isn't any rule which states that you are allowed to make a new account when permabanned. Riot simply cannot monitor account creation with most players.

JustDeckeredBoys

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

Let's say a player gets reported 100 times in 100 games. An absurdly high number. The Tribunal then begins building a case for the player. The Tribunal would then randomly sample the player's recent match history and pull a few recent games--it could be 1-5, but this number is not related to how many games or reports got you into Tribunal to begin with.
so. bad. lol.

Jackindabox Bot

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightInvertus View Post
Riot is trying to make LoL a game where I don't have to deal with it. LoL is game run by Riot so if you don't like it YOU can go play ragequitteronline.
Trying but failing luckily. If you are such a fragile snowflake maybe you should just play solitaire. Seriously if someone insulting you over the internet effects you in anyway, you probably have psychological issues.

Jintello

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilson View Post
His existing accounts got banned, but is he allowed to create a new one to try to reform?
He is allowed to make new accounts just like all perma banned players. However he can't play professionally for a year.

FrankerZed

12-04-2012

In the mean time riot can you please add a "Disable Champion" feature to custom games.

I'm tired of seeing Nidalee in proving grounds. Give spear a 60 second CD or implement this feature.

Thank you and God bless

MathMage

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintello View Post
Its exactly the same. Your logic implies he is immune from any and all real punishment just because he is a pro player. Since he can mess around in all games that are not pro matches and still continue to profit from LoL with no worries. That may have been why he never stopped being a toxic player after 8 suspensions. In real professional sports you can't be messing around outside of games too and expect to not be removed from playing too.

Its common sense.
No, my logic is that Riot should have a systematically developed code of real punishments for pro players, one that the pros are aware of. In fact, the pros should sign this code before being allowed to play in professional events, similar to how we sign the Summoner's Code and agree to potential Tribunal punishments before we are allowed to play this game. These codes exist in "real professional sports," and LoL needs one too if this sort of incident is going to happen. This is the exact opposite of saying there should be no real punishments for pro players, and I can't believe you managed to misinterpret my meaning to that extent.

Saintshing

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The number of games in the Tribunal Case does not reflect how many reports/games it took you to get into the Tribunal.

Let's say a player gets reported 100 times in 100 games. An absurdly high number. The Tribunal then begins building a case for the player. The Tribunal would then randomly sample the player's recent match history and pull a few recent games--it could be 1-5, but this number is not related to how many games or reports got you into Tribunal to begin with.
can you elaborate why the system works like this?

it seems more logical to sample the same number of cases every time
or pick the most severe ones(with the most reporters maybe)

IcyBoy

12-04-2012

WHAT DA FREAK
SO MANY STREAMERS SWEAR INFRONT OF STREAMS IN TWITCH TV AND SOME SAY THEY HATE WHEN FANS SPAM.Why so many players are being rude and lots of them pro OMFG why iwilldominte he was / is the best jungler in lol.he will probably not come on lol anymore he is such a nice person i met him in life i even have his phone he told me about lol and teached me how to play he is the reason half my school to play lol.Riot i'm diapointed.....

FamilyGuy84

12-04-2012

A regular player does not get his smurfs banned or tournament ban