Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zedekc

12-04-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
The number of games in the Tribunal Case does not reflect how many reports/games it took you to get into the Tribunal.

Let's say a player gets reported 100 times in 100 games. An absurdly high number. The Tribunal then begins building a case for the player. The Tribunal would then randomly sample the player's recent match history and pull a few recent games--it could be 1-5, but this number is not related to how many games or reports got you into Tribunal to begin with.

pardon me, but i am going to call you a liar on this... to make it clear i do not believe you.

Aelexe

12-04-2012

Quote:
zedekc:
pardon me, but i am going to call you a liar on this... to make it clear i do not believe you.

You're pardoned.

Keshaldra

12-04-2012

Quote:
roboticaust:
I think it's a bit unfair he gets a year punishment while you perma everyone else. If you want to play by the rules, you should treat him the same as everyone else. There's plenty of us who play a metric ****ton who have eaten perma bans and we get no pardon or additional chances.

His account IS perma banned. If you get perma'd, you're free to make a new account, as he is.

Feiwen

12-04-2012

and then it will be banned rinse and repeat...

LightInvertus

12-04-2012

Quote:
SouI Reaver:
People are blindly Downvoting any who disagree with Lyte and Riot Inc. Including an emissary/community adjudicator.

It is this exact mob mentality that has people so up in arms about the "Report" system and Tribunal in the first place!!!!

It's been an unpleasant experience, but I read every post I downvoted. I can't speak for the rest of them though so you could be partially correct.

MathMage

12-04-2012

Quote:
Quickpaw0:
It isn't as if pro's are different from us players at all. They all use the same browser, made their accounts, and started off just like we did. When you make a LOL account, you agree to abide by the summoners code. The pro players agreed when they made their accounts, just like us.

In addition, if you read Riot's post, they say that iWD has been in the Tribunal 8 previous times. This means that he's been punished before, so clearly should have knowledge that he was able to be banned.

In actuality, I'm delighted that iWD was banned. I don't like toxic players, and pro toxic players hinder the community even further.

That being said, I condemn Riot's publicizing of this. They banned a player, just like any other player. There isn't any reason to drag iWD through the mud just because he's a pro player. Sure, ban him, but don't make a post saying that you're doing so on the forums.

The whole point of this thread is that IWD's ban isn't like any other player's ban. When we get permabanned, we can make a new account and go back to what we were doing, hopefully minus the misbehavior, but probably not. IWD can't go back to what he was doing (playing professionally), and what I want to know is, did he know that was a potential consequence of getting permabanned?

I agree he deserves the permaban. That's not the point.

SLRMercedes

12-04-2012

Well played, RIot, Well played!!!

Augratafier

12-04-2012

Quote:
Joviyzm:
the cut is bad, people just going to put negative or positive buttons for fun, there are also players who misused their items for more than they are given tips offended for all, maintain permanent ban riot only cause, is that the same players start to retire and give bad reviews of this game, you give your own downfall. gl hf all suffering only noobs in this game. Here are offended all, let alone get offended if you do not speak report, if you report them correct it, if you laugh or something amuses you, take it from mockery. Accept it this game will be a waste in one year but, like any good game has an end.

-Letter from Riot-

Not sure what you were trying to prove here? It looks like you bought RP, spent it, and then had your bank cancel the payment.

fuk u die

12-04-2012

I wish this kind of action was available in the Korean servers, too many people swear curse over there.

Jackindabox Bot

12-04-2012

RIP IWilDominate, never forget ಥ_ಥ7
This is in memory of IWD, a good man who was destroyed because he didn't humor bad players.

Ich hatt' einen Kameraden,
Einen bessern findst du nit.
Die Trommel schlug zum Streite,
Er ging an meiner Seite
In gleichem Schritt und Tritt.

Eine Kugel kam geflogen:
Gilt’s mir oder gilt es dir?
Sie hat ihn weggerissen,
Er liegt zu meinen Füßen
Als wär's ein Stück von mir.

Will mir die Hand noch reichen,
Derweil ich eben lad'.