IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Arisu View Post
Having an argument with a friend here, does Riot have the legal rights to do this?
Is there anything IWD could possibly gain out of a lawsuit or anything here?
I highly doubt this is the case as you must Accept various contracts posed by Riot Games to even play the game. Not to mention the additional contracts and wavers for playing in a competition like IGN.

FendoraTheXplora

12-04-2012

It seems like the ban was just in this case. However, I do think that the tribunal is punishing people who only swear (ESPECIALLY if it wasn't to anybody directly). There's a reason there is a language filter right there on the main menu of the patcher... If these kids are so offended by bad language, they can turn on the filter, if not, then deal with it. I feel like the majority of those in the tribunal are ages 11-15, and vote punish on all these people, because they don't want to see bad language...

appaK

12-04-2012

Quote:
Having an argument with a friend here, does Riot have the legal rights to do this?
They can do whatever they please, it's there game. Also they were going to be IWD's employer in season 3. It's like a corporation/company firing an employee for harassment and verbal abuse, and also taking away all his company access (to the building, network, etc.).

Riot does as they please with LOL, no law keeping them from doing that. Also especially since IWD never signed a contract with Riot or anything, even if he did these actions would probably be in a clause to break the contract.

Notalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Every time there is a patch you agree to Riots Terms of Service.

When you agree to Riots terms of service you give up the right to sue them over decisions made involving your game account.

Riot could permanently ban you because they think your ugly and fat, and you couldn't do anything about it.

RadMage

12-04-2012

well i better watch my self then! i've been banned 2-3 times in the past year, im pretty sure i will be permad at some point if i continue huh?

Farkun

12-04-2012

There's nothing stopping him from just creating a new account, if he were to level another account, would be able to play in tournaments still?

If he can, this isn't even that big of a deal imo, and completely justified.

DiabolusReborn

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farkun View Post
There's nothing stopping him from just creating a new account, if he were to level another account, would be able to play in tournaments still?

Riot probably won't let him play in tourneys seeing as they're a bunch of *** guzzling carebears.

Calys Teneb

12-04-2012

Quote:

In one year's time.

Kaoticka

12-04-2012

needs to make a smurf IWontDominate.

Ikuuu

12-04-2012

Quote:

No, he's banned from playing in tournaments for a year.