IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sethusk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitingpig View Post

Penalties:
IWillDominate is ineligible to play in the League of Legends Championship Series for a period of one year. This suspension shall commence immediately.

In addition, all other existing known accounts used by IWillDominate are permanently banned.

So a permaban is just for that person's accounts, but if a year from now he makes a new account he can play again? I didn't know that it was condoned to just come back after permaban. Am I understanding correctly?

Junmita

12-04-2012

Justice has been done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowblood View Post
So a permaban is just for that person's accounts, but if a year from now he makes a new account he can play again? I didn't know that it was condoned to just come back after permaban. Am I understanding correctly?
i think it means he will have to grind all over again from 0 after 1 year.

Chrysantheum

Recruiter

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Gosl?ng View Post
Riot you FKUCED UP!
You ruined a whole team with your RETRADED 1 year ban.

Fix your RETRADED tribunal where everyone votes to punish on almost EVERYTHING
and start monitoring things YOURSELF!

The community is full of crybaby trolls.

You should ban the IDIOTS that don't use the mute button, how about that?

The internet is full of trolls, get over it.
If it were any other normal player you wouldn't be saying that, wouldn't you? I think Riot did a good job and shows they're dedicated and serious about their players and the image the pros are showing to the LoL, if not the whole gaming, community.

Of course I could be reading too much into this and Riot's simply appeasing us with a "hey look we care! We banned a proplayer! we care about you!" attention-like mentality. Either way, I'm content with the choice. Just because you make millions of dollars playing a game you love and bring fame to said game, doesn't mean you can treat other people like the king of asses.

Dracorya

12-04-2012

Let's not forget about how a certain few athletes got themselves banned from the Olympics because they couldn't keep their comments to themselves...

Ultrazion

12-04-2012

Quote:
He cant compete in prized events (Like Riot held championships or MLG events) for a year, but he can make another account if he pleases

Sporq

12-04-2012

Quote:
Assuming anybody would actually want him back. Doubtful any competitive team would want someone playing with them that both has an infamous history, and has a chance of being banned from the eSports scene again.

Chrysantheum

Recruiter

12-04-2012

Quote:
Yes, he can come back in a year. But of course by then he'll already have moved on to another game or he'll have died from withdrawal. I, personally, can't go 3 days without LoL.

Jintello

12-04-2012

He had 8 chances to stop his behavior. I don't see why anyone is even mad about his ban. Almost certain a normal player wouldn't have even made it to 8 punishments before being permanently banned.

Cliftonix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Dear Rioters,

My question is why is he banned for only 1 year? What does this exactly mean? When I first started I was banned for "feeding" at the time because i was learning and constantly screwing up and then proceeded to fire at the people trash talking my play constantly. It's been a year, why is that account not active again so I can let my little cousin play with me?

Sydafexx

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitingpig View Post
League of Legends Competition Ruling

Player: Christian Rivera / IWillDominate
Date of Ruling: 12.03.12
Subject: Suspension; Violations of Summonerís Code

Facts:
Riot punishes if you aren't a cuddlebear.

Relevant Rules:
The Summoner's Code establishes the standards of behavior for all League of Legends players. Which is way too high for us to really expect of anyone in a competitive game.

Analysis:
IWillDominate has consistently engaged in behavior which violates the letter and spirit of the Summonerís Code. Which is fine because people can mute him.

His persistent tendency to engage in verbal abuse and insults, his lack of cordial demeanor, and his treatment of less-skilled players is acceptable for any player, especially a high-profile professional player who has a regular opportunity to lead the community by example is irrelevant unless people are saying everyone is a sheeple

Ruling:
IWillDominate has violated the letter and spirit of the Summonerís Code in a systematic fashion.
BUT DOES NOT DESERVE A BAN

Penalties:
IWillDominate is ineligible to play in the League of Legends Championship Series for a period of one year. This suspension shall commence immediately.

In addition, all other existing known accounts used by IWillDominate are permanently banned.

WE BANNED A GOOD PLAYER BECAUSE WE DIDNT LIKE HIM!
I really like this ruling.