IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Igasho

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ View Post
Did you guys specifically warn him of being permabanned?
The 8 total times of being punished wasn't enough warning? I'm sorry but I would half expect him to be permabanned at the 5th instance more so then the 8th, since he clearly got worse.

Quote:
What are the appropriate steps? These are:
1. Inform Dominate and his team of his past tribunal cases and the fact that he might be permanently banned from the game and epsorts.
2. Wipe his reports previous to this discussion to accurately track his “rehabilitation”
3. If his behavior continues then ban him

If you did this then he deserves what he got, but if you didn’t then I congratulate the whole of Riot for crippling a pro team to placate people who play this game as a hobby and not as a job.
1. Riot has no obligation to discuss private matters with his teammates or anyone but him specifically. The reason they bring it to light now (after it happened) was to show an example. i.e. you do this, you get punished, regardless of who you are

2. He had 8 total chances to reform, I'm sorry but the only other person to be given that many chances is Charlie Sheen (although pretty sure he's been given more chances)

3. His behavior did continue, I don't know how many times you have to hit some one over the head before they get it, but clearly this guy never got it

SteelGlory

12-04-2012

You would think if your livelihood depending on not getting banned, you would try harder not to get banned.

Li7hium oOo

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD DoubleDiamond View Post
If you want your sport to have any sense of professionalism you need to enforce codes of conduct. It's as simple as that.
Yup. That's why the teams that cheated in the season 2 championship got away with a slap in the wrist instead of getting DQed... Riot's way of doing business after that tournament was quite clear for me.

As for IWD getting banned I have to admit that, after getting 8 punishments, he should have realized what he was doing wrong. Since he kept the flaming attitude his ban is completely justified.

Also, and like some people said before, I am expecting more "pro" players to get a similar treatment. There are several examples of toxic behavior from top players such as Ocelot (raging, wishing cancer, insulting, telling other people to die IRL), Dyrus (leaving ranked games for no reason), HotshotGG (rages so much even when he screws up), Diamondprox (also rages a lot), just to name a few. So I hope this announcement isn't just for show and something is actually done about it.

Ikuuu

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilatesExpert1 View Post
This is a travesty. When a pro athlete makes remarks and curses or swears at his teammates, coaches, media, etc. they are not perma banned from the sport.

How can you ban someone from competing in tournaments for something that happened in solo queue? IWD dedicated his life to this game and to take that away because of toxic behavior is just wrong.
Except they're not his "teammates", they're random people on solo queue.

Rasako

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Tribunal reviewers are encouraged to punish if they even see 1 incident that is worth punishing--that is what they are supposed to do. For a player to even get into the Tribunal they have to have received dozens or hundreds of reports by players that are 'neutral' or 'positive' in the community. The Tribunal system is designed to be extremely conservative and give the benefit of the doubt to the player and always, always avoid false punishes.

For more information about how the Tribunal actually works, there's an FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2411284

There's an additional advanced FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2726400

Right now on NA, we went through periods where only about 50% of cases were punished. A lot of players felt the Tribunal was being too lenient, so we've been optimizing and tuning the system. We're currently seeing anywhere from 60-70% punish rates on cases depending on the day of the week. In fact, now that we've removed IP from the Tribunal and introduced Justice Reviews, there are very few players just instant-punishing or spam-punishing.

In IWillDominate's case, his accounts were up for a permanent ban and were reviewed by multiple Rioters on the player behavior team and the eSports team.
if this is true then why do the majority of cases that I review only consist of one or two games where only one person reported the person in the tribunal? that doesn't agree with your post

llDrDrakell

12-04-2012

yikes

Auricthunder

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDinger View Post
only a year? goes from perm ban to just a tourney suspension...

i have no idea how BAD he is...but if any NON-Pro got into tribunal 9 times and came out with punishments 8 of those times...they would have been banned perm at around 4 punishments...

oh well, maybe he might grow up....doubt it tho.
His accounts were all permabanned.

Just like any other player, he can make new accounts.

The 1 year ban from tournaments is in addition to the normal punishments.

Benny Boy

12-04-2012

Quote:
did you guys specifically warn him of being permabanned?

And iím not talking about getting a cut and pasted email about the possibility of an account being permabanned, iím talking about an actual dialogue with him and his team about being banned from e-sports?

If not then this is incredibly unprofessional. Banning a pro player doesnít only affect him, it affects his entire team. Youíre punishing the whole of dignitas with his ban.

Iím gonna catch a lot of flak for this but he, as well as every pro player, are special cases because of the impact a ban has on teams and entire organizations. The repercussions of this are huge and i hope the appropriate steps were taken.

What are the appropriate steps? These are:
1. Inform dominate and his team of his past tribunal cases and the fact that he might be permanently banned from the game and epsorts.
2. Wipe his reports previous to this discussion to accurately track his ďrehabilitationĒ
3. If his behavior continues then ban him

if you did this then he deserves what he got, but if you didnít then i congratulate the whole of riot for crippling a pro team to placate people who play this game as a hobby and not as a job.
this

YuI Brenner

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
However, IWillDominate had the worst toxicity metrics (by about 300%) compared to other pro players on NA so we had to act sooner rather than later.
Who had the 2nd worst toxicity metrics compared to other pro players? ;D

Bloody10th

12-04-2012

Welp petitioning my permabanned account to be unbanned since my 1 year is almost up now. Keep bringing on the downvotes