IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IalreadyHateYou View Post
I like how you just destroyed this guy's career because he said some mean things on the internet. Gj riot.
He broke the rules. Being a tournament player doesn't put you above the Summoner's Code, which is the rules that all League players must agree to in order to play the game.

Also he broke the rules repeatedly, and refused to learn from his 8 previous relatively minor warnings and punishments.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noiradle2

Member

12-04-2012

It's flat out pathetic how they make this post to advertise it. Why not ban him and be shush? It's because Riot expects a cookie or something for proving that their Tribunal system is also cruel and unfair towards professional players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeikxx

Junior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
I don't know what's funnier. The fact that you know that your strawman failed hard and you're struggling to your absolute limit to make it work to save face (because you care about looking cool when we don't really care about you or how you come off), or the fact that you don't realize that you're doing making it look even more idiotic the more you defend it.

GG. Enjoy the last word, everyone with intelligence is pretty much done here.
woooooooooooooooooo insult my intelligence.

Just go congratulate your self and stroke your own inflated sense of self righteousness with all of the others who get severely distressed by words written on a screen.

OH GOD GUYS SOME ONE ON THE INTERNET SAID SOMETHING ABOUT HOW I PLAY A VIDEOGAME. THIS FEELS LIKE I'M BEING BEAT UP IRL BY SOME ONE ON THE STREET.

hilarious. Go vote for Romney again. Enjoy your authoritarian life style.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

amd098

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This was a collaboration between eSports and Player Behavior. eSports had multiple meetings and discussions with relevant parties on both sides before they made a decision on the verdict and the timing. I'm not as involved in the timing side of things, so I can't speak to it.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'relevant parties'? Were the parties internal (all Riot) or did Dignitas know of this situation?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dayntee

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
And yet you waited until the preseason - the one time of year when Dignitas doesn't have tourneys to attend and has time to find a replacement - because?

Trying not to be tinfoil hat about this, but seriously. A couple *days* after the last tourney of season 2, you ban a pro player.
...Dignitas didn't compete at IPL. Most of their team didn't even attend.

That aside, I just want to add - good on ya, Riot. You are the only company I've seen thus far that will legitimately punish players who deserve it, regardless of their status, and regardless of the popular opinion of that individual.

I am sick of seeing internet personalities get away with being rude jerkoffs because their YouTube numbers are good or they've received sponsorship. Reveling in bad behavior is something I'd like to see fall by the wayside in favor of good sportsmanship and excellent skill.

No one else out there is trying to clean up the toxicity of the gaming community. So kudos for doing what no one else feels is worth the effort.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reep

Senior Member

12-04-2012

I find this entire thread to be hilariously hypocritical. Ever heard of privacy? No calling out players on the forums... unless you're perma-banning a pro player. Makes perfect sense. Is violating his privacy a direct result of his involvement with the e-sports scene? Sounds like we don't have our priorities straight. There are so many players at every skill level that are far more deserving of a suspension/ban. I'm not going to belittle Dominate's behavior (since I can't find the tribunal case), but that doesn't change the disingenuity of this thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiefRasta

Junior Member

12-04-2012

Funny how riot lets the community ban players instead of their employees
And how they ban for toxic behavior in chat but toxic play goes unbanned
Such as playing like ****, spamming emotes when your team tries to communicate
With you or even refusing to group with the team because your mad the Adc
Said your a bad support or bad jungler, my point the tribunal is flawed and
Solo q will continue to suck ass until riot does something about it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L33tT4rd

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
I'll bite.

How is Riot watching pros stream on a public channel for all to see "spying" on them? Not that this had anything to do with his stream and was handled internally through Riot's own systems, but I'm curious what your "logic" is.

I donno, I just glanced at a few red posts and they mentioned about collaborating w/eSports to monitor live streams.

That being said, it sounds like they're gonna "censor" people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noiradle2

Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikxx View Post
woooooooooooooooooo insult my intelligence.

Just go congratulate your self and stroke your own inflated sense of self righteousness with all of the others who get severely distressed by words written on a screen.

OH GOD GUYS SOME ONE ON THE INTERNET SAID SOMETHING ABOUT HOW I PLAY A VIDEOGAME. THIS FEELS LIKE I'M BEING BEAT UP IRL BY SOME ONE ON THE STREET.

hilarious. Go vote for Romney again. Enjoy your authoritarian life style.
i love you. +1 to help with the downvotes from neckbeards


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jshann04

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
And yet you waited until the preseason - the one time of year when Dignitas doesn't have tourneys to attend and has time to find a replacement - because?

Trying not to be tinfoil hat about this, but seriously. A couple *days* after the last tourney of season 2, you ban a pro player.
Because ultimately, none of the other Dig players have any control over how IWillDominate acts in solo queue, so they should not be punished in tournaments because of his choices. It does not have to be a tinfoil hat thing. It's RIOT allowing one of the top teams in NA to remain competitive and by extension keeping the entertainment value and validity of the tournament intact.