IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chocobo X

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppah View Post
This is how you lose players to other games. He's probably going to go to Dota 2 now. Slap a fine on actual cheaters during the finals. But banning this guy for bad behavior? Geez. Terrible decision.
he can go join the other 15 players

SgtSarros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Okay I have been thinking for a while that blue names were part of riot staff or volenteers of some sort to help on the forums, but lately any time i've seen a blue name they're disrespecting riot and their decisions.

Not sure what you're Adjudicating, but it isn't good behavior.

portugalslegend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiamatsArePro View Post
Lol, this is why LOL as an ESport is a joke language has NOTHING to do with the game itself.

Take a hint from REAL sports. No one EVER gets "permabanned" from a sport because of what they SAY.

Joke company.
You know because when your teammate says, learn to ****ing catch the ball or get the **** off the team you piece of ****, how did you even get drafted? Won't have any affect at all

uAir

12-04-2012

Good job, Riot.
Professionals should act like professionals. Not immature little kids.

Traksor

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
Meanwhile, in TSM land Dyrus rages, intentionally feeds, and ragequits every other game.

If you want me to actually take you seriously about this you need to be consistent.

what ? Dyrus is the most poker face player I've seen.

GetOnMyLvl

12-04-2012

I knew the internet had some really sensitive people but holy ****. These people would not last a day playing Dota, not even nowadays cause there are still plenty of ragers.

Vexen IV

12-04-2012

hey remember when a pro football player didn't get banned for doing that contradicts the integrity of the game?.............me neither. i would have to compare his actions to ndamukong suh of the lions as he has something in common with dominate. HE HAS NO CLASS AND NO RESPECT FOR HIS PEERS THAT AREN'T ON HIS TEAM. Suh has more fines/suspensions than nearly the entire group of players that got drafted the year he did COMBINED.

KFCBentoBox

12-04-2012

How about TheRainMan? Rages and calls his teammates r3tarded and f'kers all day on his stream. So can Pro Players/Streamers be banned for swearing on stream despite not actually typing it in the LoL client chat?

chipncheese

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Tribunal reviewers are encouraged to punish if they even see 1 incident that is worth punishing--that is what they are supposed to do. For a player to even get into the Tribunal they have to have received dozens or hundreds of reports by players that are 'neutral' or 'positive' in the community. The Tribunal system is designed to be extremely conservative and give the benefit of the doubt to the player and always, always avoid false punishes.

For more information about how the Tribunal actually works, there's an FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2411284

There's an additional advanced FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2726400

Right now on NA, we went through periods where only about 50% of cases were punished. A lot of players felt the Tribunal was being too lenient, so we've been optimizing and tuning the system. We're currently seeing anywhere from 60-70% punish rates on cases depending on the day of the week. In fact, now that we've removed IP from the Tribunal and introduced Justice Reviews, there are very few players just instant-punishing or spam-punishing.

In IWillDominate's case, his accounts were up for a permanent ban and were reviewed by multiple Rioters on the player behavior team and the eSports team.
I have a question about this, I've always thought the Tribunal has been fair until recently. I just went into it and reviewed a few cases and it seems flawed that some players are getting put on there for 2 reports in 2 games. i reviewed those cases and did not see anything over the top wrong with them. Why are players being sent to the tribunal for 2 games 2 reports if its supposed to be a consistent amount of reporting over a small time span?

K K0

12-04-2012

Whoa....Pretty serious. I'm going to try to change what i say in game after reading this tbh.