IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm View Post
Wow what a ****ing joke.
Do you not care about all the other pros that troll solo queue? Are you just starting this now?
I see top players on stream rage at team mates and swear all day and you are just starting to ban pros now?
LOL so dumb. I'm so disapointed.
Since when is swearing bannable, or raging outloud and not in chat?

If the other players aren't affected by it...it's really no harm no foul.

Even if they were swearing in chat, swearing isn't inherently negative.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edg╦

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Riot won't consistently ban prop players, because if they did then people who enjoy watching their favorite players would stop watching. That and teams would be in disarray if they had their players being permanently banned. Which in turn affects the whole competitive scene. I doubt we will see any more bans on pro players, the chances are slim.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daedelous

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Oh Snap, props to riot for pulling no punches no matter who you are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InertBlowfish

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Tribunal reviewers are encouraged to punish if they even see 1 incident that is worth punishing--that is what they are supposed to do. For a player to even get into the Tribunal they have to have received dozens or hundreds of reports by players that are 'neutral' or 'positive' in the community. The Tribunal system is designed to be extremely conservative and give the benefit of the doubt to the player and always, always avoid false punishes.
I don't mean to derail the thread, as I know it's about pro player bans and not the tribunal in general - but you just contradicted yourself in the same paragraph.

First you say players should punish if they see even one case of toxicity because of the player needing dozens or hundreds of reports to get in to the Tribunal. These are cases we, the people judging the case, can't see and therefore should not be relevant to the case..

Then you go on to say that the system is designed to be, "Extremely conservative".
How is judging cases on evidence we can't see in any way being, "Extremely conservative?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blakers1

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackman View Post
Isn't "picking on people smaller than you" exactly why Dominate got banned?
Isnt that exactly what Riot is doing? Your argument is invalid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I smurf Rain Man

Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiolina View Post
You mean the summoner's code?
Holy **** youre stupid

like go find a knife and end yourself right now
do not ever reproduce I would feel bad for the kids


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TiamatsArePro

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD DoubleDiamond View Post
So if I go around and slap my coworkers I can't be fired because it's "my job"? Grow up kid.

You show that you have the reasoning and logic skills of a baby carrot.

Wtf does physical assault on a non-sports job have to do with TRASH TALKING IN SPORTS?

You blithering idiot.

Nice comparing apples to giraffes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HighOnPolPot

Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrToweli3 View Post
Riot won't consistently ban prop players, because if they did then people who enjoy watching their favorite players would stop watching. That and teams would be in disarray if they had their players being permanently banned. Which in turn affects the whole competitive scene. I doubt we will see any more bans on pro players, the chances are slim.
That's mostly because IWD has a worse track record than every north american pro put together. It's really that bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I smurf Rain Man

Member

12-04-2012

Lyte you are honestly a disgusting manipulative man

I bet you are compensating for a tiny *****


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikxx View Post
yeah because typing on a computer == physically beating some one on a street.

Nice completely blown out of proportion metaphor.
You're the one who said "Ignore things you don't like in the real world and deal with it." I gave you a real world situation. Nice job posting a failed strawman argument.