IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celestios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Looks like Dignitas will have a chance at a much stronger team now.

Tyrlol

12-04-2012

Ridiculous. I personally dislike the tribunal (no, I haven't been banned ever) because it supports whiners with a rent-a-cop personality to judge people they've never met or played with based upon a chat log alone. The only people I know that use the tribunal either rage punish after a bad game, or a particular friend of mine that attempts to ban all Mexicans via the tribunal.

The tribunal system is clearly a joke and should be removed at once. Trash talking is a part of competition, and of course it will escalate in an online environment with anoninimity. If language offends you, keep the filters on, if a person in particular still offends you or bypasses said filter via syntax, ignore them.

tl;dr bad decision and detracts from a professional view of the game, and players in general need to man up and get over being made fun of. Reports should stick to actual game damaging topics, not hurt feelings.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
You're absolutely right, I don't have to be a jerk. Good thing I actively am not a jerk. Now, perhaps instead of focusing on me, you could focus your energies on people who are actively being jerks and causing things like this trolling, raging, and punish-spamming.

No, no, how foolish of me. The Tribunal teaches us that we must be petty and marginalize those with common decency in favor of laughing it up over how funny it is to punish people because they said a bad word. I am soooooooooooo sorry.
Dude, you are so angry you can't even recognize the difference between a literal "you" and a general "you". Also, I was responding to your post? Where you said YOU only have 2 options now? You know, the one where you made it about you? Yah, that one.

Tarinis

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricthunder View Post
LOL McCarthyism. I don't think that word means what you think it means.
I know exactly what it means.

bomi

12-04-2012

Ban is warranted and fair. You have a list of rules, so you must follow them. Doesn't matter if you're professional or not. Heck, if someone was verbally abusing you at work, you file for harassment and that guy gets fired. No different here. He chose to verbally abuse, it's not part of his job.

Blaster

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD DoubleDiamond View Post
His account is perma banned.

He was warned 8 times before they even considered this.
Like i said in my post, i don't think what they did was wrong, outside of making him an example, without warning. This is unprecedented, and if riot makes policy changes in the future, i'de like them to tell me(everyone) that they do them, before just start poping them out and informing you of what they've done.

Zeikxx

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfear View Post
Why should you be able to curse at me and I have to ignore you? I prefer for you not to be playing games with me.
This is something you have to deal with in nearly any game that has pvp. If you don't want to deal with it go play something like hellokittyonline

Seryldan Elite

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
No, he destroyed his own life by not changing his attitude towards others in a VIDEO GAME.

Really? Let's not apply real life situations to someone's opinion on Riot's handling, otherwise the same exception could be extended to your ability to breathe for you disagreeing with someone else's view. k?

Sawcats

12-04-2012

Looooooooool cya

Hadron Kalideo

12-04-2012

Rito James obviously trying to make an "example" for other pro players. Going from 0-broken career with nary a warning is just disgusting.

#freedominate