IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roderick Brookes

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliai View Post
Oh man. Poor Dignitas. Can't accuse Riot of playing favorites, though.
Sure you can. Riot bans maybe one "pro" a year.

Meanwhile other guys like Ocelote who has supposedly "changed" but did lots of permaban worthy stuff in the past, and AphroMoo who's admitted to doing Elo Boosting don't get touched.

ProfDrDeath

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0biusloop View Post
I'm sure this is gonna get buried in the posts, but if Riot is going to set this precedent then like half the pro players are going to get banned. What's the line? Are they going to start policing streams for bad attitudes because these players are "role models"? Or is the attitude not the problem, and only expressing the attitude in game? Where does the "role model" standard stop?

Seriously though like 50% of all the pro players that stream are ******bags and talk **** nonstop. That's the nature of a competitive game. Banning his account would have been punishment enough, having to level, re-buy champions/runes/etc would be AWFUL. To destroy someone's actual CAREER over stuff that they said in game is pretty harsh. If it's someone actively ruining games by intentionally feeding/etc ok, but not for "offensive" language.
There is a difference between trash talking on stream and being toxic in the game.

Trash talking on stream - Shouldn't be bannable, since the player (in my eyes) doesn't really create a bad atmosphere in the game if he swears and such on stream. I do that a lot myself or with my buddies over Skype/TS if one of my/our teammates acts rather incompetent (and yes, we sometimes get heated among ourselves and lose games because of that).
The only instance where this creates bad atmosphere is if the players in the respective game watch the stream themselves, thereby ghosting the streamer.

Being toxic in game - Absolutely bannable.

108th Fruit

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

However, IWillDominate had the worst toxicity metrics (by about 300%) compared to other pro players on NA so we had to act sooner rather than later.
More than The Rain Man?

I find this hard to believe.

Tarinis

12-04-2012

I can't say I blame Riot for this. I blame the community for not pulling together and demanding a stop to a flawed Tribunal. McCarthyism at it's finest

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Fiber View Post
Where can I sent a message to riot to tell them about their horrible social behaviour right here in the forums? Since I guess they wont read it here anyway. If you want to know what I am talking about read my first post on page 19.
Riot had two choices here:

1. Make a statement about IWD's ban, with full disclosure about the circumstances and punishment. Be perceived as flaunting or childish.

2. Make no statement about IWD's ban. Be attacked for secrecy and bias.

Benny Boy

12-04-2012

This is his lively hood. Shouldn't be banned from competing.

Zeikxx

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
Nah, you'll probably get banned for being trolled.
I use racial obscenities to troll.

The Razza

12-04-2012

There's an ignore function for a reason.

xcipher64

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Cecil View Post
Ruining someones career over verbal abuse, good job Riot.

Imagine the NFL suspending Tom Brady for a year for trash talking the other team during the game. What a joke.
It was not his team he was talking trash to, it was everyone he played with and against in the solo que. And yes Tom Brady would be punished if he was playing with little leagers for fun and started cussing at them. Also if he started cussing at his team and coach and the refs, he would be benched or worse.

Pro players have to act professional, not like snobby kids with no respect and no control. There are plenty of kids who would kill to be professional players, I see it that IwillDominate threw away his own career by acting like a complete jerk and breaking rules.

Fiolina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by howcanyouslap View Post
I think this entire situation should have been better thought through. That you would make such a public spectacle out of this. Essentially a public hanging. It just comes across as hypocritical considering that the main obvious push is for a more positive atmosphere but then things are done in this manner which are completely unprofessional.
It was going to be a spectacle regardless. The community would have demanded a Riot response on what happened. This was handled well.