IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trollbot

12-04-2012

What is ignore button? It's one thing to ban someone for feeding or trying to throw the game, but if hes yelling at his team with the intention of winning, then mute his account, or teach people how to use their ignore button. Don't ban him from his job. He is a professional player of many and without these players this game would be nothing. I see this as a betrayal. He helped make the game popular and ends up getting banned. If you didn't know, toxic players is a defining characteristic of league, and i would argue part of what makes it so popular, it keeps things interesting.

Janna F Kennedy

12-04-2012

cya

Duane Barry

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazz View Post
Yeah, thanks for cleansing the fields of justice of good players.
Good riddance. More ELO for me.

Vertchewal

12-04-2012

I see streamers talk **** to other players in the chat all the time, big woop.

xcipher64

12-04-2012

I approve, the last thing pro players should be doing is shout and cuss and bully other people. I am sorry but pro players you are suppose to be role models not snobs. And since LOL is your JOB you should act professional just like anyone else would be at their work.

Farstride

12-04-2012

ITT:

Riot shows no favorites. No one's above.
Although they did seriously think about this for some while.

Janna F Kennedy

12-04-2012

Post his reform card!

OnlyLiveOnce

12-04-2012

Seriously? This is this man's job, like wtf. People need to look at this realistically and man up.

League of Legends creates a stressful environment because it is a competitive game. Anyone accusing this man of ruining their "In game experience" is just taking advantage of the system. He's competitive and wants to win. Anyone who's too sensitive to handle some **** talking should seriously reconsider the type of game they're playing. Especially at his level, it's very competitive and Riot has designed it that way.

Everyone always neglects there is a mute button. Talking **** occurs almost in every game, it's part of the scene. Why? Because we're not all little children. I'm sure most of us at one point or another has **** talked. One year ban for a professional player is DEVASTATING. That's his life we're talking about..

Phantasus

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicuriousBoy View Post
zZZzZ This is Riot trying to create another diversion. You guys didn't notice all the threads about Tribunal being trash? That's right. This thread is exactly about that. It's about distracting people for the 'real' topic. I mean, why did we need a public execution? The real procedure should been just the ban and that's it; no need to humiliate him any further. GG Riot, u think ur smart but u aren't. Bye
Yeah, and 9/11 was an inside job.
This was Riot's: inb4 "WHY WAS I BANNED? I'M PRO"

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Like Bear View Post
For the record - I have no affiliation or bias towards Riot or Iwilldominate/Dignitas

There's an age old saying that "The punishment should fit the crime." Since his ban is (as far as I am aware) NOT due to behavior exhibited during tournament or competitive circuit play, why exactly, is he banned from circuit / competitive play?

I think the permaban is fair. It restricts the player from using That account to play with the millions of players said player may have or had the ability to affect.

But let's take a step back.

1) He is a pro player, and he makes his livelihood off this game. Banning him from the pro circuit is most likely going to retire him as a Professional league of legends player, as his team is going to find a permanent replacement.

2) Because of reason 1), he is actually receiving unfair treatment. Riot has stated that they want to give pros and casual players the same treatment. Then do that. This player is being punished harder than the average player simply because he has access to the pro circuit.

I don't think the review team fairly weighed the options. Give him the same treatment as any other permabanned player, no more, no less.
When a collegiate athlete gets suspended from school, they get suspended from their team as well.

As for this player being punished harder because of his access to the pro circuit - no. He's actually being punished the same amount, but it has greater repercussions because of his professional status.

Now on the other hand, Riot could have punished him less and given him the "Hollywood treatment" where famous people receive little or no punishment for crimes that would otherwise send them to jail for years.