IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HawaiiDave

12-04-2012

I don't see why this even makes public news, lol. Kids are kids, there are ten thousand of them we all deal with every day, and the better they are at the game the worse their personality is generally. I meet more trashy players each day than good, by FAR, doing normal pvp's and even bot matches...

Alongside the stupid changes Riot keeps making to the game itself, the player base is one of the worst I've come to play with to be entirely honest, and it's only gotten worse and worse over the past year or so. You meet a bad player, 90% chance they're raging at you and cursing your mothers life for their lack of experience, you meet a good player 90% chance they're talking **** and telling you to kill yourself or uninstall because they're good at a video game and got a kill...

Whoopee, another child got banned, lol. Over 18 years of age or not, they act like kids, they get spanked like kids... You only get sent to the principals office so many times before the punishment escalates, maybe we need to increase the speed at which those punishments escalate. Let's try perm-banning the normal raging freaks a bit more often, instead of smacking them on the wrist or letting them just go off and make another account... might make the entire game a bit more pleasant to play for those of us who still realize it's a >game< meant for >entertainment< ... no one's losing blood over a win or loss here ladies n gents.

StunworK

12-04-2012

Riot, get the **** out.

c0reyp0wner

12-04-2012

I think banning from E-Sports for a year is a bit over the top. I mean, non well known players who get banned for **** talking can make a new account and then still play at a tournament. He should get the same punishment as everyone else should get.

CoolHandJack

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKlown View Post
I'm sure you don't say anything anytime someone critiques you or talks **** to you. wait you're noone in soloq. Noone would recognize your name in game and it wouldn't go anywhere...

2+2=4 but there are other ways to get to 4 too... fact.
Wow, this is literally the dumbest comment ever posted on the internet.

Congratulatons.

HighOnPolPot

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkingg View Post
destroyed his LIFE good job RIOT.
He destroyed his own life. He literally got banned on his main account for being a terrible person, then, while freaking banned, went on his alt accounts to troll and feed and be more of a terrible person to the people who reported him. He's a disgusting excuse for a player and deserved this and more.

IS1fe7d560694171b345600

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Hi Summoners,

Today Iíve got some tough news to share with you. We take sportsmanship and player behavior very seriously, and we fundamentally believe that pro players should not be exempt from scrutiny over their behavior. In fact, we believe pros have an additional opportunity to act as positive role models for the entire community.

The decision to impact someoneís career is not one we make lightly, which is why this is tough news to deliver. Unfortunately, our Tribunal recently was forced to permanently ban a pro player as a response to his persistent toxic behavior, and after closely reviewing the individualís case and history, the Riot eSports team has issued a ruling that follows this post.

We fully understand that there are other pro players who behave poorly from time to time, and we do not condone any unsportsmanlike behavior. Itís important to note how severe and consistent the behavior of this particular individual was, as is outlined in the ruling. No other professional players in NA approach this individualís harassment score Ė that said, we monitor all pro player behavior actively and we will continue to make that clear to all pro teams, and will take necessary action should any other players demonstrate unacceptable behavior in the future.

Promoting good sportsmanship and improving player behavior is a mission thatís extremely important to Riot, and this ruling is a reflection of our commitment.
I am 100% your ban of him is correctly but I also think its a big joke and definitely not ok from riot that they make an example out of this tribunal ban and put iwilldominate in the pillory right here at the forums. You dont post every single persons ban here so you shouldnt do it for him aswell. The fact that he is a pro player being banned is no acceptable reason to make this public.

Fiolina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by howcanyouslap View Post
The problem is that riot only encourages entertainment that follows its own guidelines outside of custom games(even then they are not immune to this shenanigans). If you separate yourself from the meta in normal/ranked then you become a target of ridicule that is pathetically supported by the riot staff. Which is completely unfair but they run the place . Now I have tried appeals on a few occasions and they tried to brush me off because riot employees really dont want more work(cant imagine how many complaints they go through and the process has to be tedious so it takes away from the human aspect over time). I just feel that they would rather punish someone on the shades of grey than give another chance despite there being no fallout for such a stance as one is considered their job and the other is considered just a hobby(taking out the commitment people have made to the game)
Or you can not be a ******bag and not get landed in the tribunal. It's not hard.

Strong Like Bear

12-04-2012

For the record - I have no affiliation or bias towards Riot or Iwilldominate/Dignitas

There's an age old saying that "The punishment should fit the crime." Since his ban is (as far as I am aware) NOT due to behavior exhibited during tournament or competitive circuit play, why exactly, is he banned from circuit / competitive play?

I think the permaban is fair. It restricts the player from using That account to play with the millions of players said player may have or had the ability to affect.

But let's take a step back.

1) He is a pro player, and he makes his livelihood off this game. Banning him from the pro circuit is most likely going to retire him as a Professional league of legends player, as his team is going to find a permanent replacement.

2) Because of reason 1), he is actually receiving unfair treatment. Riot has stated that they want to give pros and casual players the same treatment. Then do that. This player is being punished harder than the average player simply because he has access to the pro circuit.

I don't think the review team fairly weighed the options. Give him the same treatment as any other permabanned player, no more, no less.

Pokur

12-04-2012

Think about it like this: If you were a dick to your coworkers at your job (after repeated warnings), you'd get fired too.

Fair is fair.

Sorry for your poor choices. But you probably got more leniancy than the others.

King Kuri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOnPolPot View Post
It does matter. Do you think Dignitas is hyped to go looking for a new Jungler that they'll have to coordinate team chemistry with when they thought they had it settled, not to mention what his contract situation with Dignitas might be?
And you are an ignorant child.