IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kravenn

03-24-2013

i really think that as a matter of fact i understand why u saying he is getting favouritism.. but he just raged out at that time.. he improved his behaviour and for sure knows that doing things that bad way get consequences (big ones for him).. and really dont think he wants to risk to get banned again either at cost of a big loss a competion.. So i think is a good decision to dissolve his banned time because for sure he will not repeat the act and all the players knows that they really can get banned for the code =)

Snackcracker

03-25-2013

From the words of wisdom of Voyboy...

CYA NERD

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

My only issue with these and the stuff with GGU getting a warning is that normal players would not get their ban lifted under the same conditions.

PabloConQueso

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastTestament View Post
My only issue with these and the stuff with GGU getting a warning is that normal players would not get their ban lifted under the same conditions.
This^ If I got perma'd I could not go to riot, just say "please I changed", and get my ban lifted. IWD deserves to stay banned until December like he originally was.

The Shaco Bot

03-25-2013

WHAT IF ALL PRO PLAYERS ACTED HYPER TOXIC AND THEY ALL GOT PERMA BANNED?

Not saying I want this to happen, but think about the situation. Either cash cow on the names people love to watch play, or follow their guidelines and lose most of their top players who compete to bring in revenue.

Elrathion

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Tribunal reviewers are encouraged to punish if they even see 1 incident that is worth punishing--that is what they are supposed to do.
This is what is messed up with the whole system. You post about people having some bad days, yet if in 5 randomly sampled 'reported' games, only 1 is really toxic, that to me is an indicator that they are in fact NOT consistently toxic.

Yet, you encourage people to hit punish if they can just find even 1 out of 5 cases.. brilliant

WER Ryche

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrathion View Post
This is what is messed up with the whole system. You post about people having some bad days, yet if in 5 randomly sampled 'reported' games, only 1 is really toxic, that to me is an indicator that they are in fact NOT consistently toxic.

Yet, you encourage people to hit punish if they can just find even 1 out of 5 cases.. brilliant
You missed the part where red post explained it takes DOZENS of reports to even appear in the tribunal in the first place. The random sample does NOT reflect ALL the reports that player has earned.

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloConQueso View Post
This^ If I got perma'd I could not go to riot, just say "please I changed", and get my ban lifted. IWD deserves to stay banned until December like he originally was.

inb4 downvotes...But it's absolutely true, IWD's case should not have been suspended based on his actions now, other wise the original judgement was a false one

VanceStubbs

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastTestament View Post
inb4 downvotes...But it's absolutely true, IWD's case should not have been suspended based on his actions now, other wise the original judgement was a false one
You do know he is still permabanned?
Just like everybody else.

His professional status is something different.

The One Soraka

03-25-2013

The real reason they did this is because they didn't want some 105 pound waif getting floored by one jab from an opponent who had to deal with obnoxious behavior for a long time. That would throw a cog in the 'professional e-sport' image riot tries to project.