IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

He's not reinstated YET, and it sounds like they don't plan to let him back in anytime soon. Don't get me wrong, it's still horse**** if they let him back in earlier than originally ruled, but I don't think he's going be showing up in the next LCS.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

This really is pathetic out of riot. Completely pathetic. First they publicly announce a "permaban" that was a year ban that is now a few months off. Pathetic.

I mean it was obvious from day 1 they were just picking some token pro to make an example out of, but they couldn't even follow through with that. So what does that mean? The tribunal is good enough for everyone else but can't touch your sacred cow pro players? All they have to do is play nice for a few months while getting sponsors to give them level 30 accounts with all available content in the interim.

What a joke.

Logios

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
This really is pathetic out of riot. Completely pathetic. First they publicly announce a "permaban" that was a year ban that is now a few months off. Pathetic.

I mean it was obvious from day 1 they were just picking some token pro to make an example out of, but they couldn't even follow through with that. So what does that mean? The tribunal is good enough for everyone else but can't touch your sacred cow pro players? All they have to do is play nice for a few months while getting sponsors to give them level 30 accounts with all available content in the interim.

What a joke.
The only special treatment he got was getting a WORSE punishment than regular players. He had to level a new account and buy all the characters again just like everyone else, but on top of that he was banned from LCS.

2pudge1cup

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logios View Post
The only special treatment he got was getting a WORSE punishment than regular players.
Right...

So, how many regular players get access to all content once they are "permabanned"?

PeteyPiranha

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logios View Post
Then do it.
I actually like to play other games

Logios

03-08-2013

Quote:
Right...

So, how many regular players get access to all content once they are "permabanned"?
Everyone.

CardsLafter

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueezeMeGently View Post
This makes me sick. Making the details of a ban on an individual public knowledge and banning someone who's behavior has been consistent in the past without this action being taken...

I don't even know where to start with this. I mean honestly, Riot, what the hell? It's one thing to ban people who have played the game for over a year, for the exact same **** they have done for over a year with your blessing. It's another entirely to make a scapegoat of one of the people who popularized your damned game.

Could you be more full of bull?
Motives be damned, I'm glad to see Riot put some consequences on the professional level. You think a team or sponsor is going to hire him now?

Not even.

And I'm glad.

If this game is your bread and butter, then don't **** on it. It's a job, so treat it like a professional should. I feel for the guy, but he brought upon himself.

Kazzaam

03-08-2013

Quote:
Right...

He wasn't permabanned, it was all of his accounts to date. I don't think Riot will ever really permaban a player to play League of Legends, I don't think it is even possible. They can permaban a player of the professional scenario though, but probably to do that the guy will need to do a really serious **** like fight someone live in a pro tournament =D

Wobbility

03-08-2013

IWD 2013 iWD 2013

2pudge1cup

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by haaaaaaaalp View Post
First of all, he is FAR from one of the worst toxic players riot has dealt with. Riot only said that to cover their ass because they were kicking him out of the LCS. Also, his punishment has been and will always be MORE severe than 99.999% of other players. Everyone else who gets banned can make a new account and play in the LCS given that they train hard enough. He is one of like 4 people who was got all of his accounts banned and was NOT allowed in the LCS. There is no rule bending reguardless of whether or not he is allowed in the LCS because his old accounts will stay banned just like every other player who have been banned before.
I cant believe people actually think this was a punishment.

I bolded the part that grinds my gears the most. No, you don't get to tournaments by "practicing hard enough". You get there by knowing the right people/having sponsors/pro teams to back you up. There are plenty of good players who don't have sponsors to give them automatic ip/exp boosts while they do a sham of a relevel to 30 and the ranked beyond.

Give me a break.

Look, I don't give a rat's ass about this entitled pro dbag getting preferential treatment. That happens in anything. I care about riot making a spectacle of the matter to pretend like they actually care about player behavior above anything else.