IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irisaurus Rex

03-08-2013

riot will make an exception for him because hes important to the LoL scene... he's a big name player on a big name team that gives riot exposure in the esports scene. he's proven he can change his attitude. riot has no reason to keep him banned, in fact riot loses out if they keep him banned.

Skaarrjj

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burstskee View Post
So does this mean if I get permabanned I just have to change my attitude to get my things back?
He didn't get permabanned.

Logios

03-08-2013

Quote:
So does this mean if I get permabanned I just have to change my attitude to get my things back?
He DIDN'T get his things back. He had to create a new account and buy all the characters again JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER PERSON WHO HAS EVER BEEN BANNED. There is nothing hypocritical or inconsistent with his ban when compared to "regular" players.

Blaine Tog

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadness View Post
He had to level up a new account just like every other banned player had to do if they chose to do so.
Riot has also explicitly asked perma-banned players not to make new accounts. It's their current standing policy that a permaban means they no longer want you playing the game. They simply lack sufficient resources to stop you from making a new account.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I'm a big fan of mercy. On the other hand, I dislike the precedent. Ultimately, I think I'd rather have heard this from Riot than IWillDominate.

Beas7ie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarrjj View Post
He did get permabanned. All his accounts were banned and he was banned from playing in tournaments for one year. That is one year, not 3 months. Not 6 months, not 9 months, one YEAR

Oconnomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarrjj View Post
ALL of his accounts but his primary were.

Quote:
In addition, all other existing known accounts used by IWillDominate are permanently banned.

NegaStoat

03-08-2013

Quote:
That's not what is happening here. There's no assurance that he'll ever get his original account back. What's going on is that the Original Post stated he had his accounts and current (at that time) smurf accounts perma banned and that he would be barred for all of the Season 3 LCS. One full year starting from December 4th, 2012.

Riot's changing their mind because he's such a great guy now.

So, here's the point. What do other perma banned players for being "such a great guy now" if they've changed as well? It's not a matter of not getting the account back and being able to play on other accounts - it's a matter of special treatment.

big I coteaz

03-08-2013

wow that is straight up BS on riot's part. They should have stuck to the punishment they gave him not ***** out of it. Ok sure he turned over a new leaf, but if he was given a punishment why revert it now. I'm sure riot will be getting a lot of e-mails as to why they can't get accounts back like iwilldominate

Oconnomo

03-08-2013

Even this ruling by Riot is soft on him because he is a "high level player".

Calatia

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas7ie View Post
So then in that case anyone can do pretty much anything they want so long as they're extremely apologetic and changes their ways afterwards.

BRB I'm gonna go steal, rape, and kill, but then I should be let go later on because I'll be REALLY REALLY sorry afterwards.
Every account that gets pemabanned is banned. Period.

They dont ban IPs or banish regular people from playing the game.

IWillDominate can make another account and play just as much as a normal troll who got permabanned.

He moved into Curse house in Las Vegas, big whoop. He is banned still from LCS and unless he gets the chance to play at the LCS before the 1 year ban ends, these complaints are exaggerated.

It was very clear he was only banned from League Championship Series. Not from other events.