IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirelyght

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Dock69 View Post
Everyone in this game rages. I've see some mild rage in Dyrus, Phantomlord, Ocelote, whatever. But IWD was really HARDCORE rager. I've watch that guy just blow up at a guy for making an honest mistake ingame and calls everyone scrub and ****. It's normal to rage but to rage like IWD hope he's banned for life.

mild rage? at least one of those you mentioned glued his capslock down and his own team mates have to whisper him while he's streaming to cool down in solo Q.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aahdin

Senior Member

12-28-2012

This whole thing is so stupid.

Riot is basically saying "Got banned? Don't worry, just make another account, we seriously don't care at all."

tbh It makes me think their banning system is less about getting toxic players out of the game (which it clearly isn't) and more about making them re-buy their old champs and skins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirelyght

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahdin View Post
This whole thing is so stupid.

Riot is basically saying "Got banned? Don't worry, just make another account, we seriously don't care at all."

tbh It makes me think their banning system is less about getting toxic players out of the game (which it clearly isn't) and more about making them re-buy their old champs and skins.

what are you talking about? he was banned for a year from competitive play....thats a significant loss of revenue for him. not to mention how much of an investment leveling an account to 30 is....and they banned ALL of his existing accounts.

this both punishes him and allows him a chance to reform. making another account isn't as simple as you misleadingly make it out to be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aahdin

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirelyght View Post
what are you talking about? he was banned for a year from competitive play....thats a significant loss of revenue for him. not to mention how much of an investment leveling an account to 30 is....and they banned ALL of his existing accounts.

this both punishes him and allows him a chance to reform. making another account isn't as simple as you misleadingly make it out to be.

But he isn't out of the game, he's just raging at low elo players now.

Banning isn't supposed to be about losing people money, it's about making it so we don't have to play with ragers. All the time he has to invest in levelling up a new account is just time he's spending raging at other players.


And it's not just IWD, it's pretty much everyone else who is banned. The whole system is clearly based on making people spend more money getting their old stuff back rather than keeping them out of the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirelyght

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahdin View Post
But he isn't out of the game, he's just raging at low elo players now.

Banning isn't supposed to be about losing people money, it's about making it so we don't have to play with ragers. All the time he has to invest in levelling up a new account is just time he's spending raging at other players.


And it's not just IWD, it's pretty much everyone else who is banned. The whole system is clearly based on making people spend more money getting their old stuff back rather than keeping them out of the game.
that kind of logic is like saying "the sun is hot...therfore it has been designed to burn me personally"

how exactly would you stop people from making new accounts? ip bans? what about people who share computers with family?

the system as it is now punishes ragers and shows them that their time is wasted if they continue to rage. how many accounts are you going to continue leveling if each successive one gets banned because of unimproved behaviour?

stop being a conspiracy theorist and look at this problem realistically


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vissari

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirelyght View Post
that kind of logic is like saying "the sun is hot...therfore it has been designed to burn me personally"

how exactly would you stop people from making new accounts? ip bans? what about people who share computers with family?

the system as it is now punishes ragers and shows them that their time is wasted if they continue to rage. how many accounts are you going to continue leveling if each successive one gets banned because of unimproved behaviour?

stop being a conspiracy theorist and look at this problem realistically
^this.

not to mention that ip bans don't work because changing your ip is a 5 minute process that anyone who feels like googling it can learn to do in the same amount of time. they ban accounts because its the only thing they can do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byk Beta Player

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Allowing people like the OP in this thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post32933736
Is ok? This is the kind of people that sit on tribunal and why should someone like this be allowed? they shouldnt.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xancat

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahdin View Post
But he isn't out of the game, he's just raging at low elo players now.

Banning isn't supposed to be about losing people money, it's about making it so we don't have to play with ragers. All the time he has to invest in levelling up a new account is just time he's spending raging at other players.


And it's not just IWD, it's pretty much everyone else who is banned. The whole system is clearly based on making people spend more money getting their old stuff back rather than keeping them out of the game.
low elo players? he's back in 2k elo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashfordjim

Senior Member

12-31-2012

I feel bad for Dig, but sounds like IWD got what he had coming to him. Better late than never (sounds like it was going on for a while).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troclity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

01-01-2013

Indeedsniper*

He was the pro who got banned not this guy.