IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illuyankas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Don't think a report card is needed here, anyone that watched his stream will know what it looks like.

Food4Thought

12-05-2012

Out of curiousity, even though I don't expect an answer...

what did Iwilldominate have to say about this? as I'm assuming you contacted him due to him being on a pro team and such.

curious if he was sorry, expressions, ect

The Bitterness

12-05-2012

This permaban seems to me to confirm a belief that I have held for many years:

The way you behave online, outside of the presence of societal sanctions, demonstrates the way that you wish to be or truly are offline. In other words, if you act like trash online you either want to act that way offline (but don't for fear of societal sanctions) or you do, in fact, at the same way offline.

We all have our games or stretches where we act negatively because we're frustrated; it happens and it's human. It's not necessarily human to act like trash and to lash out verbally on a consistent basis, simply because 'they're just words' or some other nonsense. When we start saying that it's necessarily human to act like trash and that we should accept it, that we should simply accept consistent verbal abuse as par for the course, we're no better than the people committing the abuse.

I'm still a disaffected Dominion player but I'm proud of Riot for getting this right and doing so publicly. Thank you, both Riot and the members of the Tribunal who were involved in these cases up to the very end, for doing the right thing.

KillswitchEngag3

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
This guy gets it.

No because everything is considered harassment now adays, it doesnt matter if you are jokingly like oh look i beat your face in on that fight, the losing player will always be butthurt about it and thus report and thus stupid bans will continue to happen

Honda Futayo

12-05-2012

I thought there's a rule against blacklisting? Is Riot exempt from this?

Pierce Sternum

12-05-2012

IMO, a lot of the reaction around this stems from the fact that a whole world of "internet kids" cannot stand the idea of there ever being repercussions for being an ******* on the "anonymous" internet.

They have had years of being able to act in a way that would get their face smashed in, in person, so now they don't want the "freedom to be scum from behind a keyboard" taken away.

kitsuneninja

12-05-2012

Really happy that he's finally been dealt with. If he acts like that in real life, he really needs to get his **** together.

Tarinis

12-05-2012

Myslead

12-05-2012

lol
looks like
he won't be dominating
for a year

YEAAAAAAAH

ihaveapotion

12-05-2012

so how does this ban work if his mind is set on making a smurf and continuing to "keep his mechanics up to date"?