Tentative Changes for 1.73

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorUrsa

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Updated the minion MR thing.
Dominion has devolved into unorganized chaos, of roaming AD casters/carries instakilling the people, respawning, nuking someone else down in 2 seconds. Building armor doesnt work unless you scale well with it. If your not playing a tank, your looking at taking 1000-2000 damage per second from late game AD casters and carries. You barely have enough time to react, let alone mitigate anything.

Its practically unplayable as far as Im concerned.

Nny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Getting rage after you're in a fight is not the issue. The issue is the state in which you get into the fight, which is to say - rage decay rate needs fixing more than rage gaining rate.

I am interested to see what effect the energy change will have, since early game energy champs have less of an issue, and everyone can go OOM.
This. It's good to see it being addressed, but I think it's going about the wrong manor.

The problem of course comes down to Shyvana. Is there any way to single her out when it comes to Fury Decay? All 3 characters have different rates of fury decay, after all.

GANGBANGARANG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Tear of the Goddess and upgrades get faster-charging Dominion-specific versions.
Rod of Ages charges in 7 minutes.
this needs to be implemented in TT as well

Gondul

12-04-2012

In my opinion, hp regen and mage resist need some work. I don't like that the highest mage resist item has a value of 45 and there isn't very much strong hp regen for tankier builds.

Also, I don't think tenacity is working properly between masteries and items (only shows 35% with both).

Malah

12-04-2012

This sounds interesting.

Now if only everyone wasn't playing BC stacking Pantheon or equally overpowered builds from those new items.

Nome or Die

Game Designer

12-04-2012
4 of 8 Riot Posts

Updated the OP again.

Fabs457

12-04-2012

Very happy to see those changes being put in. It should improve the dominion play experience by quite a lot!

NavyGothic

12-04-2012

That looks like a great set of changes.

I think the change to healing reduction is an excellent idea; healing was too strong on the likes of Warwick and Sion, not Taric or Soraka.

Fomorian27

12-04-2012

So is this fury for all champs that use fury? trynd, shyv, and renek? Also, does this mean more champ specific tweaks are going to be on the way? Because resourcefulness champs like morde and vlad are indirectly nerfed on CS with the passive mana regen aura.

Sazdek

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arixa View Post
I'd like to also point out that energy users should be limited by their pool. That is why they have the resource at all. Shen makes no sense if he can spam vorpal blade and feint all the time. The whole concept of his current kit is that he has to choose between those two things.

Zed might be a legitimate concern but imo that means buff zed. He's not doing so hot on SR either.

If you want to buff energy characters(which honestly doesn't sound like a good idea to me at all). Buff them in a way that doesn't destroy their whole playstyle.
Well nobody is arguing let them spam endlessly forever, my post was simply explaining why energy would even be brought into the aura in dom. The problem being with champs like shen for example, his dash costs 120 energy in a 200 energy pool. His ability to regen energy through abilities is somewhat limited compared to akali/lee. Furthermore with the extremely active pvp that takes place in dom compared to SR means that energy users can't stifle their ability usage for drawn out exchanges, they have to spam like crazy to be useful in teamfights which then leaves them somewhat lacking when the fight lasts more than a few seconds.

On the downside of this though, these are more mechanics problems with the champs, not so much a matter of just letting them regen energy faster, because all that will do is allow the two energy users who do very well (or at least decently) do THAT much better while bringing up some of the bottom tier energy users a little bit. BUT you can't buff the lower tier champs without breaking them in SR (which Riot typically balances around).

In short, it's a bit of a catch 22 for them with energy users.