Tentative Changes for 1.73

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

12-04-2012

Getting rage after you're in a fight is not the issue. The issue is the state in which you get into the fight, which is to say - rage decay rate needs fixing more than rage gaining rate.

I am interested to see what effect the energy change will have, since early game energy champs have less of an issue, and everyone can go OOM.

konfetarius

12-04-2012

BUFF AMBIENT GOLD GAIN PLZ

NEW ITEMS EXPENSIVE

I DONT WANT TO FARM MINIONS WITH TALON

BORING

srsly

Quote:
Nome, Black Cleaver passive arpen needs to be a unique passive. Actually all of the stats on it need to be unique passive. The arpen Ghostblade has probably needs to be unique passive too.
Meh. Don't let Cleaver stack, but no reason to prevent Ghostblade from stacking with it. Especially if we are nuking the passive armor pen aura.

Quote:
Minion MR lowered, but replaced with some AoE resistance (numbers TBD).
Why? Duelists don't need help bot lane. Especially considering Grez Lantern.

Jesbro123

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
  1. Tear of the Goddess and upgrades get faster-charging Dominion-specific versions.
Thank You!

Talith PA

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Nome, Black Cleaver passive arpen needs to be a unique passive. Actually all of the stats on it need to be unique passive. The arpen Ghostblade has probably needs to be unique passive too.
I disagree.

Sauron

12-04-2012

I always wondered why those minions had 50 MR.

Arance

12-04-2012

Quote:
Will ask live design team about this.

EDIT: Live team says it's intended. If it proves an issue, we'll make a Dominion version of the item.
While you're at it, best revert BC to only 10 reduction per stack. Already seeing a champion skew here to rival if not surpass BFT.

Orphane

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
I disagree.
Get outta here Talith. :/

FOODFOOD

12-04-2012

The MR minion nerf may help some bot laners that struggled with early game wave clear, like Veigar, Viktor, & Kennen.

And it'll help Malzahar.

Mobbsolo

12-04-2012

Quote:
Here is a list of changes I'm exploring for 1.73. It'll be updated as numbers are fleshed out and feedback comes in.

1. Tear of the Goddess and upgrades get faster-charging Dominion-specific versions.
  2. Rod of Ages charges in 7 minutes.
  3. Slight tweaks to global penetration auras (will depend on your feedback).
  4. 20% increased energy regeneration (from 10/s to 12/s).
  5. 33% rage generation (5 to 6.7 per attack, 10 to 13.3 per crit/kill).
  6. Minion MR lowered, but replaced with some AoE resistance (numbers TBD).
tear change. needed, kinda saddening that it took this long to make it through development
roa. agree
20% increased regeneration won't solve the problem. the problem is bursting your whole bar, and being boned afterwords, problem fix would be more energy per bar, or less cost per spell, don't increase their lvl 1-3 advantage too much but l8tr, allow that energy bar to get bigger!
Advice: next time don't update 20+ new items in a game with new masteries all at once. that was a super stupid decision. there is no balance right now. none. and the rage is going to come pouring in like a flood.

SkysMoon

12-04-2012

Quote:
  2. Rod of Ages charges in 7 minutes.
  3. Slight tweaks to global penetration auras (will depend on your feedback).
  4. 20% increased energy regeneration (from 10/s to 12/s).
  5. 33% rage generation (5 to 6.7 per attack, 10 to 13.3 per crit/kill).
  6. Minion MR lowered, but replaced with some AoE resistance (numbers TBD).
  • It depends how this would could turn out; to me it would only make the niche use of ToG items stronger. In most cases, ToG was already on extremely strong champs such as kassadin and urgot. This would only serve to buff them which would be scary.
  • RoA would need a gold decrease or stats adjustment. It really only serves useful for bot laners who start with catalyst. Anywhere else its stats that are bought in too large of chunks.
  • Global pen aura's can be removed, it would only strengthen the struggling tanky types. It may indirectly buff Trinity Tanks, but this is remedied by the removal of the pen aura they rely on.
  • Rage should wait on a change, depends how new items fare to reduce kiting and the like, which was the problem. Energy regeneration would serve to make energy champions more fun, and maybe "balance" them. Although, a good user of energy can make these champions viable for the most part.
  • I see no reason not to remove the MR on minions. Bot lane typically is dominated by ad dealers, so this could help bring variety to bot lane. The current strong AP bot lanes will not be affected because they typically push lane fast, and you can only push as fast as minions come.

12345612 ... 17