Tentative Changes for 1.73

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Manse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Global aura and health relics will now benefit Shyvana's fury system as well. Have to be very careful here, because too much of a boost can make her indefinitely stay in dragon form, or allow her to go around collecting relics for a no-cooldown ult.
yeah, we wouldn't want anyone going around with a no CD ult that can do north of 1k true damage, would we?

solid changes coming, I'm starting to feel bad playing wu and pantheon.

Skulleer

12-05-2012

I just wish the community would take some time to try to adapt instead of going knee-jerk toward nerfing. I'm finding the games to be far more action-packed and fun vs. having an unkillable Garen troll my whole team.

Manse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Again, like the last BFT buff, I find this hilarious. Last week: I'M NOT PLAYING BECAUSE TEEMO. This week: JESUS PANTHEON SWISSCHEESED ME. Yay! Change!

It's still new, though. I don't know what the answer to it is at the moment, but I have to believe there is an answer nonetheless.

It really puts an emphasis on HP, that's for certain. It may be time to bring back Warmog's.
I wouldn't think Warmog's specifically, but something that was high hp without the farm requirement. perhaps a tear-like "on skill" item?

Manse

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulleer View Post
I just wish the community would take some time to try to adapt instead of going knee-jerk toward nerfing. I'm finding the games to be far more action-packed and fun vs. having an unkillable Garen troll my whole team.

It's not a hard nerf cry, it's more of a "did you test this game mode at all?" combined with already powerful characters. Wu, for example, has a 30% armour shred on his Q. when you add that to an easily achievable 60flat/50% penetration, it'slights out.

I enjoy the game more now, too, but I understand the tweaks are required.

Mad Suppordle

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulleer View Post
Prior to this patch Garren was mostly useless, so... `\(o_O)/`
The "knee-jerk" reaction is from playing post-patch, running the math, and finding that you need to have a frozen heart, a randuins, AND a thornmail to have greater than 0 armor.

Redenbacher

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manse View Post
I wouldn't think Warmog's specifically, but something that was high hp without the farm requirement. perhaps a tear-like "on skill" item?
New Warmog's does not have farm requirement, and gains FoN's passive regeneration.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Warmog's_Armor

If that's too strong, Overlord's Bloodmail.

Either way, if this penetration issue turns out to be as bad as everyone's freaking out about, tanks may need another Giant's Belt path.

See, the issue this resolves is champions that have shields and innate sustain can no longer stack mitigation and expect to tough it out. They actually need to invest in HP to stay relevant. You still need armor/mr to mitigate damage, or to just mitigate penetration.

I mean, this is an indirect nerf to Frozen Heart. I don't see anyone worried about that as OP anymore.

Skulleer

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimike View Post
Prior to this patch Garren was mostly useless, so... `\(o_O)/`
The "knee-jerk" reaction is from playing post-patch, running the math, and finding that you need to have a frozen heart, a randuins, AND a thornmail to have greater than 0 armor.

Yeah but with how the effective health works, you always wanted to build health instead of going all in with resistances like most did because people will buy LW/VS. Now you just want to skew it further toward health.

inFe eD

12-05-2012

Nerfing Cleaver alone won't change things much, there's still the Cleaver + LW + Ghostblade + Brutalizer build path. In a patch where Haunting Guise/BFT's penetration was nerfed and their passives made mutually exclusive because of systemic % penetration changes, the same should have been done for their AD counterparts.

I realize one of the main goals with this patch was to make AD casters relevant, but they are going to steamroll every single game mode the same way they're already doing for Dominion as soon as people catch on that you can basically do true damage to any champion below 200 armor.

Change is good though, and if nothing else the last two patches have been absolutely hilarious. This patch in particular is basically like playing DotA/HoN again.

Manse

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
New Warmog's does not have farm requirement, and gains FoN's passive regeneration.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Warmog's_Armor

If that's too strong, Overlord's Bloodmail.

Either way, if this penetration issue turns out to be as bad as everyone's freaking out about, tanks may need another Giant's Belt path.

See, the issue this resolves is champions that have shields and innate sustain can no longer stack mitigation and expect to tough it out. They actually need to invest in HP to stay relevant. You still need armor/mr to mitigate damage, or to just mitigate penetration.

I mean, this is an indirect nerf to Frozen Heart. I don't see anyone worried about that as OP anymore.
Well that would be acceptable, then. my apologies, I don't play SR anymore and fail at reading comprehension of patch notes.

Zerglinator

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Global aura and health relics will now benefit Shyvana's fury system as well. Have to be very careful here, because too much of a boost can make her indefinitely stay in dragon form, or allow her to go around collecting relics for a no-cooldown ult.
I, for one, have no problems with a champion being a dragon indefinitely.