Sightstone / Ruby Sightstone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocthon View Post
If you think you need more than 3 free wards in one item slot at a time your team isn't helping you ward (at all).
This is true, but how easy is it to change the meta to "everyone on the team gets a sightstone"?

RTBardic

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
This is true, but how easy is it to change the meta to "everyone on the team gets a sightstone"?
If everyone on the team except the ADC you are supporting would buy one ward every trip back to the fountain, then you wouldn't need more than Ruby Sightstone to get full ward coverage. Anyone halfway decent top or mid should be warding their own lane now and then regardless.

Suzy Turquoise

12-07-2012

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. In an ideal world, everyone on the team would help to ward, buying one or two wards. This isn't an ideal world, however. In most games, the jungler gets the upper river and the support gets the lower river.

Many players don't realize how much of an impact buying one or two wards can make, leaving it completely up to the support to buy wards. On paper, the Sightstone is a miracle item that can save supports (and the occasional jungle or top) hassle, space, and gold. In practice, it takes an inventory slot extra for warding when two wards almost always proves to be too little. It isn't worth it, especially now that I can actually afford to buy actual items, even while warding and supporting. Even just the ambient gold increase is enough for me to get by more easily without CS. So, I just buy a stack of wards when I go to base instead of a sightstone, and I do perfectly fine. It's a solid item, but your idea of doubling its function as a ward storage pouch is really the only way that I would start buying it instead of just a stack of wards.

Void2258

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

I could get behind this since I always end up carrying more wards anyway.

Suzy Turquoise

12-13-2012

Bump to get this topic some more traffic.

Beaumains

12-13-2012

I think the idea is needlessly complicated, redundant, and unecessary. The point of the Sightstone is not to be a ward pouch, but to allow people to spend less on wards, and more on other stuff (i.e. get good/fun/cool items sooner); especially supports, who get tagged for Ward duty in the end game.

I agree that we can improve on this by finding a way to free up the "obligatory pink ward slot"; I like the idea of an alternate Sightstone upgrade that drops pinks instead of storing/dropping the extra one (or grants brief pink vision when dropped).