Sightstone / Ruby Sightstone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

12-04-2012

I love it. I love it a lot.

I think we can do better.

Since this is the preseason and I'm aware we have more patches in the way to tweak what went in today, take this under consideration:

Sight Wards purchased after purchasing a Sightstone or Ruby Sightstone are consumed to add Vision Ward charges to the Sightstone, which are tracked separately from the stone's current Ghost Ward charges.

These charges are consumed to place Sight Wards after 2 (or 3, for Ruby Sightstone) Ghost Wards are placed, and do not replenish unless you buy more Sight Wards--which do not enter your inventory. They're consumed by the Sight Stone as more Sight Ward Charges.

This turns the Sightstone/Ruby Sightstone into the much-requested ward pouch as well as its current functionality. Since the Sightstone is meant to supplement our wards, not completely replace them, this would eliminate the need to basically devote 2 slots to wards as we need to do now.

Vision Wards (the pink ones that detect Stealth) are not affected. You'd still need a separate slot for those. I'm only counting Sight Wards since they are functionally identical to the Sightstone's free Ghost Wards.

Thoughts?

IBastardI

12-04-2012

i love sighstone it is just enought and pretty good.
I hate ruby sighstone
placing 3 permawards is just too much and 5 charges for just going to base is also too much. if someone starts hunting wards with an oracle( only 5 minutes to do it) u just need to return base and ward again without any cost. So the result is a map full of wards because u have to add other teammates wards.

Endertome

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I*******I View Post
i love sighstone it is just enought and pretty good.
I hate ruby sighstone
placing 3 permawards is just too much and 5 charges for just going to base is also too much. if someone starts hunting wards with an oracle( only 5 minutes to do it) u just need to return base and ward again without any cost. So the result is a map full of wards because u have to add other teammates wards.
That's nice and all but it has nothing to do with what I talked about in the first post.

Endertome

12-04-2012

Thoughts?

Endertome

12-04-2012

The downvote is fine but I'd like to know why you thought the idea was no good.

olivethegreat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I agree in a way. I don't like that the item takes up an entire slot but only allows you to place two (or three) wards at one time. I think it would be better if the item allowed you to buy wards at a reduced price and still be able to place as many as you like. As someone who likes to be able to see as much of the map as possible two (or three) wards just doesn't cut it. And because of that I have to take up two slots just to ward (or not buy the item at all which defeats the purpose of it supposed to be saving me money).

Endertome

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivethegreat View Post
I agree in a way. I don't like that the item takes up an entire slot but only allows you to place two (or three) wards at one time. I think it would be better if the item allowed you to buy wards at a reduced price and still be able to place as many as you like. As someone who likes to be able to see as much of the map as possible two (or three) wards just doesn't cut it. And because of that I have to take up two slots just to ward (or not buy the item at all which defeats the purpose of it supposed to be saving me money).
I don't think "buy wards at a reduced price" should be an effect. The item really is kind of perfect the way it is.

All this does is also allow it to hold regular Sight Wards that you purchase, so that you aren't forced to devote 2 slots to ordinary wards if you need more than 2 at a time.

It's not a buff. It's a QoL change.

xdagon

Senior Recruiter

12-04-2012

I disagree a little for the wards you can transform into vision wards. I think that the item will make the jungler/support ward a large part of the map, making the vision wards more valuable. If you can change a wards for vision wards, it will only become a perpetual battle: both team destroys ennemy wards.

Endertome

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdagon View Post
I disagree a little for the wards you can transform into vision wards. I think that the item will make the jungler/support ward a large part of the map, making the vision wards more valuable. If you can change a wards for vision wards, it will only become a perpetual battle: both team destroys ennemy wards.
I don't think you understand what the suggestion does. You still have to pay for wards beyond the ones that the stone already provides. This just keeps you from having to devote 2 slots to ordinary wards--Because you're gonna need more than 2 or 3 by mid game.

Autocthon

12-05-2012

If you think you need more than 3 free wards in one item slot at a time your team isn't helping you ward (at all).