About the new shop HUD...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LadyAzalea

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyger279 View Post
Overall, the new UI is simply too BULKY. The borders are CRAZY. We don't care about your shiny new borders, we care about information and speed.
Compare old scoreboard to new. The important stuff is LITERALLY shrunken down to make way for the border. Who's idea was this?
The shop is simply clunky. I like the new organization, 1 click to get to lifesteal (for example) is awesome, but I can't double-click to buy something even HALF as fast as I was before. So if I'm getting 5 pots, I can click the potion icon like 20 times before I have 5 pots, where it used to be 10. Also, the blueprint portion on the right side of the interface is MUCH larger than it needs to be, while the actual item selection area is too small. There is a lot of blank space that is wasted.
Additionally, while I don't have issues seeing the rest of my UI like some of the other posters (bigger monitor I guess), when I have the shop open I can't type.....
COMMUNICATION ES IMPORTANTE!
Only gripes so far, but definitely an improvement overall. Nice work.
I just noticed earlier that I can't type in chat with the shop window open. That is a MUST fix. And I agree it's too clunky and too laggy. I feel there's a lot of wasted space and it could be better streamlined/symmetrical too, though. Some things about the organization are fine. And some I can't stand.

Bucc

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
The bar at the top of the shop is there so you can grab and move the item shop around. We did this because it's the same way that you move screens around in your operating system.

If you press tab, you'll switch from the recommended pane to the all items view. We're still iterating on keyboard navigation.

Please Undo this patch and turn this game back into LoL not a Dota look alike.

Labomba

12-07-2012

Quote:
The bar at the top of the shop is there so you can grab and move the item shop around. We did this because it's the same way that you move screens around in your operating system.
There's no point in moving it around anymore because you can't do anything while the shop is open (can't view scoreboard, can't type into chat, can't jump to other players, etc).

Vrouge

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IessenceI View Post
from my perspective, the new HUD system is really bad. i get that Riot trying to make it more fancy and maybe " easier" to use but it turned out a lot harder, confusing and overall bad. the Old system was good, if its not broken, dont fix it right? the new look makes it look more like Dota game and if i wanted to play Dota, i would of downloaded it.

Please, reverse the HUD system back or at least set an option where users can choose between the old and the new so people can have what they like.

The Items:

I think some of the item changes were reasonable, but i think Riot dropped the ball by trying to make a lot of new items and changing a lot of other items that were fine, just to give it this new "feel".

The game established a huge fan base due to both simplicity and easy to understand both system and game play, now it feels like that simplicity is starting to fade which might upset a lot of player.
Boohoo. Hey it looks like Riot want to continue to make LoL more like Dota 2. That kind of says something about them considering they're always bashing Dota.