About the new shop HUD...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IessenceI

12-04-2012

from my perspective, the new HUD system is really bad. i get that Riot trying to make it more fancy and maybe " easier" to use but it turned out a lot harder, confusing and overall bad. the Old system was good, if its not broken, dont fix it right? the new look makes it look more like Dota game and if i wanted to play Dota, i would of downloaded it.

Please, reverse the HUD system back or at least set an option where users can choose between the old and the new so people can have what they like.

The Items:

I think some of the item changes were reasonable, but i think Riot dropped the ball by trying to make a lot of new items and changing a lot of other items that were fine, just to give it this new "feel".

The game established a huge fan base due to both simplicity and easy to understand both system and game play, now it feels like that simplicity is starting to fade which might upset a lot of player.

Sephrinx

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPolyCount View Post
The bar at the top of the shop is there so you can grab and move the item shop around. We did this because it's the same way that you move screens around in your operating system.
But the shop takes up 90% of your screen. Why would you move it? You can't see sht either way. It's wasted space. And really serves no purpose!

Shokah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Gah, so much wasted space all over the 'new improved' UI. =( More importantly the store is HUGE the text is tiny and THE &*(*@ING TEAL COLOR is terrible. I'd much prefer the blue color of the main client. Also buying stuff is miserable, things like spam clicking to buy 3 pots is slower and less responsive than the last version.

And why did they move all the buttons (frame lock, pings, etc) to the top of the minimap? at least they should have side mounted them. They were in a better spot before, IE out of the WAY.

Spyger

12-05-2012

Overall, the new UI is simply too BULKY. The borders are CRAZY. We don't care about your shiny new borders, we care about information and speed.
Compare old scoreboard to new. The important stuff is LITERALLY shrunken down to make way for the border. Who's idea was this?
The shop is simply clunky. I like the new organization, 1 click to get to lifesteal (for example) is awesome, but I can't double-click to buy something even HALF as fast as I was before. So if I'm getting 5 pots, I can click the potion icon like 20 times before I have 5 pots, where it used to be 10. Also, the blueprint portion on the right side of the interface is MUCH larger than it needs to be, while the actual item selection area is too small. There is a lot of blank space that is wasted.
Additionally, while I don't have issues seeing the rest of my UI like some of the other posters (bigger monitor I guess), when I have the shop open I can't type.....
COMMUNICATION ES IMPORTANTE!
Only gripes so far, but definitely an improvement overall. Nice work.

Chillin

12-05-2012

New layout is ok but i honestly prefer the old one (HUD/shop), the only thing i really liked in the patch was the simplification of rune names the rest felt like a wow patch where i tell myself oh god what have they done this time.
If it aint broke dont fix it imo.

DSpaceman

12-05-2012

I agree with this. I feel I'm clicking more to buy items and it seems too crowded. One thing specifically that drives me crazy is when unclicking the tick marks of categories, the check remains until you move your mouse off the square so I end up clicking and unclicking it 3 times before I get it right.

Thanatosdb87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-06-2012

The new shop is not userfriendly what so ever if u were trying to stream line the shop you failed on every level. I like the idea but you made it so much more complicated than needed. there definately needs to be an option to revert back to like "classic" mode. I would have to agree with the post above the store is way to large it takes up the whole screen and u cant see anything else. Please riot fix this so we can enjoy the ease of buying stuff in the store again.

Ulfilas

12-06-2012

Can we change the Font color in the Shop as well? Teal on a Dark Teal background isn't great on the eyes, as in I strain to read some of the smaller text. Larger text in the shop would be good as well.

Reverentforce

12-06-2012

the better idea would be to scrap this patch and go back to when things were league of legends not dota with lol champions. im sorry riot what i said may be harsh but yeah yall dug this grave and from the sentiment i saw ingame a few hours ago in the chats id have to guess more then half the players on league agree with me. by agree i mean this 1: the new hud sucks.... ive seen two year olds do better. the old hud worked, was quick, and was easier on even new players to get the jist of where to go. 2. the new items.. dont get me started on that please thier one step away from yall releasing an item that once equiped the entire team gets +689576957696756 % exp im just waiting for yall to release that item and finish destroying your own work. 3. the item changes.... in what galaxy is the new warmongs better then the old one.... as mentioned before if it aint broke dont freaking fix it. 4. theres nothing more to add but yeah i should say it anyway as someone who spent a hefty sum of money on this game i couldnt be more disapointed with riot right now in ruining a good game with a sub par hud that put them back 50 steps instead of moving forword. the LEAST they could do is add an option so those of us who know better can continue enjoying league and not feel like were playing dota2.

now as i said in another thread about this same thing..... where o where has our league of legends gone.

Saikaici

12-06-2012

It's the borders. They take up too much space in return for decreasing item visibility and the ability to recognize the items.

Also, a tip I learned in my digital image processing class.

Humans are most sensitive to green wavelengths of light. Thus, all the borders being green draws our attention to them, as well as the borders around the actual images of the items are very bright and make it harder for us to glance over items and recognize them.