Incremental changes > one huge change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hes op

12-04-2012

yep, they should've introduced all the changes gradually instead of just dumping it into a huge patch. Now you almost have to relearn everything

simonbelmont74

12-04-2012

the only thing i'm really finding annoying is the store changes cus it feels like they changed that for the sake of change alone. it does look cooler but doesn't really seem to streamline the purchasing process. that being said i'm sure i'll get the hang of it quickly so not too worried about it in the long term.

BioVirus

12-04-2012

qq bro im loving it.

Augratafier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I think the main concern with this might stretch out the pre-season to be longer than it needs to be, since these are changes that are too impactful to do during the season.

redlightman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I keep seeing these threads and it reminds me that there are people who can't get on the PBE. I feel for you. </3

Cysic

12-04-2012

They could've, but it would've made everything harder to balance. Introducing/removing things incrementally would've meant that S3 content (what we have now) would have had to be balanced against S2 content (what we had before). Which means it would have ended up poorly balanced with current S3 content, since what we have now is balanced but what would be balanced with S2 would be different etc.

Much in the same way that one removes a scab, simply ripping it off instead of slowly tugging at it is the best thing for the healing process.

SavageMinnow

12-04-2012

I suggest giving more than a couple hours before you decide it sucks. New seasons mean big changes, it's been well-known for a long time.

Shyric

12-04-2012

If they do one big patch full of all the changes, yes you have to relearn a lot at once, but you learn all the new stuff at the same time. Making a handful of smaller changes ends up grinding more gears in the long run because people have to get used to a lot of little things over time.

Augratafier

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyric View Post
If they do one big patch full of all the changes, yes you have to relearn a lot at once, but you learn all the new stuff at the same time. Making a handful of smaller changes ends up grinding more gears in the long run because people have to get used to a lot of little things over time.
You also get to learn the new changes in context with the other changes. How much would it suck if they redid the jungle, and then introduced the item changes 2 weeks later?

PrincessDerpy

12-04-2012

ADAPT OR DIE, peasant!